Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed 30mm handlbar risers to my AT. I am 6.0feet tall and have to say that the standing position is extremely comfortable. I just don't know if in the sitting position it's to high..... I just can't figure out if it is too high.
Any one else that can ad info? How will it feel over a long strech of road?
I know it is ultimately my desition. Just curious of other peoples experiences /input....
Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The answer to the question is also the answer to many other questions: go for a ride!

I went with the Rox 2" pivot risers and found they didn't alter the ergonomics much, but just enough for me. I have the bars higher and more towards me, much more comfortable while sitting because I originally felt like I was leaning forward too much. It is much more comfortable standing now (I also have after-market foot pegs) and I really like the ergos.

Oh yeah, after going for a ride, let us know how you are finding it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have to say before the risers my arms were quite stretched out. Now it's more in a comfortable bend. I also swung my handle bars backwards now only a little bit it feels good now in the standing position and in the sitting position. Hopefully my arms doesn't get tired of the high handle bars over a 6hr ride.
Thanks for the info and input!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I’m waiting for a pair of 30mm risers to be delivered. After riding the new ATAS for a couple of hours, I noticed getting back on to my AT how low the bars felt. The 30 rise makes a massive difference to standing as I always felt hunched over and with the bars higher, it just feels much more natural.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I added a Touratech one and it certainly helps with comfort standing and sitting. It's not night and day different, but better.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts