Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for 30mm risers for the AS. My upper back has shooting pain after about 30 minutes and my arms are straight while riding- I can't get far enough forward on the seat without putting the boys on the tank. It feels like if I had the handlebars more toward me it would help. I saw the 20mm touratech piece which I know works without moving cables, but would a 30mm be pushing it? There are a few SW motech 30mm pieces left floating on the internet.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rox makes several different versions. I put a 2-inch adjustable on mine (50mm). It can rotate back and forth. I'm 5ft9in (175.25cm) and they are working good for me. But I can only find the 2". Not sure the pivot risers come in a shorter version. Revzilla has them.

Oh, and I did have to get new cables made for the front brake. They don't give you much extra to play with on the standard configuration.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rox makes several different versions. I put a 2-inch adjustable on mine (50mm). It can rotate back and forth. I'm 5ft9in (175.25cm) and they are working good for me. But I can only find the 2". Not sure the pivot risers come in a shorter version. Revzilla has them.

Oh, and I did have to get new cables made for the front brake. They don't give you much extra to play with on the standard configuration.

That's disconcerting as I just ordered the ROX 2" isers and there was no mention of cables needing to be changed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess what I'm asking is if anyone knows if a 30mm riser will require cable adjustments. I would love to go for a 2 inch riser, but the last bike I went on a cable replacement bender on I ran in to issues that just frustrated me and I'd like to avoid that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I put Rox 1.5" displacement up/back, and needed no cable modification. I then removed them as it set the bars in a bad position for standing. Great for sitting, but excessively back for good control while on the pegs, but that is my body.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts