Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble finding a 39 tooth rear sprocket for my '17. I have read of others going this route and wondering where to order from? All the websites keep sticking the 42 back on and offering no flexibility.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Having trouble finding a 39 tooth rear sprocket for my '17. I have read of others going this route and wondering where to order from? All the websites keep sticking the 42 back on and offering no flexibility.
Wow thats high. Before you decide check out the gearing commander web site. And just load your bike.
Ive just moved to a 41. 4100 rpm sees 120 kph. Its an ESJOT brand (German). They also make a 40.
Supersprox make a 38, 39 & 40 but no 41. In the stealth.
Two issues going to a 38/39 & maybe a 40 You'll have to cut your chain down and buy a rivet or clip master.
And the 2nd, you may increase the slipper wear rate. If you ignore chain maintenance.

There are other options out there. Back in 87 when the klr first appeared I had custom rear sprockets made at a local engineering workshop.

Post up what you do!
Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Magenta

1 - 2 of 2 Posts