Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Dave. I just bought an Africa Twin and am in the process of modding it. So I got the rugged roads 4 pin connector and am trying to wire it to run some aftermarket heated grips. I have the positive lead on the heated grips running to the red wire with yellow stripe. With my voltmeter the only other two that had current were either of the blue wires. When connected to the first blue wire it made the headlight do funny things and when connected to the other blue wire it made the fog lamp light come up on the dash .
Any help is very welcomed,
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
577 Posts
The OP connector in that location is not rated for heated grips. 15A IIRC.
You should follow manufacturer (grip) installation steps- usually direct to battery via relay.

Reactions: yetiboy01

·
Registered
335 Posts
I wired my Oxford grips into my eastern beaver 3cs, I just cut off the battery connectors and the included fuse and then crimped and soldered the wires into one of the eastern beaver 2p connectors. But the Oxford grips were also made to go direct to battery, so perhaps no need for a relay? Don’t quote me on that, I only know as much as I’ve tried/read/watched on YouTube but everything including fog lights, grips, 12v and sae plug are working and properly connected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts