Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had their AT in for 1st service in US? What are rates? Dealer told me two weeks to get bike in for Oil change/filter/clutch filter. Is this something that can be done easily enough?

Also, what size tubes are people using? Seems to be difficult to find any info on this. And where to purchase?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will let you know next week. I just realise that there is clutch filter to change (DCT specific I believe) and talking with the service guy here he didnt even seem to know about it. So I need to call back before my appointment to make sure they got all needed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid just over 200$ which I thought was over the top for oil change and clutch filter, but it was the first service and wanted it done by dealer. Ill be doing it myself from now on.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's super easy, most items are just inspect and adjust besides the oil and filter change.

Honestly the bikes so new in the States that with a shop manual at home you know more then the shops do!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Where did you or can we get a shop manual?

First service was less than $200 so not bad but I would prefer doing the next service myself.

SR

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

Where did you or can we get a shop manual?

First service was less than $200 so not bad but I would prefer doing the next service myself.

SR
In the US I called my dealer and he said they couldn't even order them yet, So I imported mine from Rugged Roads in the UK. Shipping was insane though... 25GBP, but it arrived in TX in 2 days, so the default shipping option must have been 2 day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone had their AT in for 1st service in US? What are rates? Dealer told me two weeks to get bike in for Oil change/filter/clutch filter. Is this something that can be done easily enough?

Also, what size tubes are people using? Seems to be difficult to find any info on this. And where to purchase?
Inner Tube MICHELIN Heavy Duty - REAR 18" (18X450/510)
Inner Tube MICHELIN Heavy Duty - FRONT 21" (21X300)

better go for the heavy duty -if thinking of long distance travel

available through ruggedroads.co.uk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts