Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine's in for service and I wasn't quoted a price - Can anyone in the UK let me know what they were charged
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
118 Posts
I booked mine in for its 1st year 8k service only this week.
My bike has only done 5k miles but the 12 months service interval is up.

I got some prices first for a few dealers in my area.

Hunts Manchester £179
Colwyn Bay Honda £180
Smiths Honda Chester £195.

I'm taking it to Smiths for the simple reason that Chester is where I live so any savings for the other dealers would be negated in fuel costs.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I booked mine in for its 1st year 8k service only this week.
My bike has only done 5k miles but the 12 months service interval is up.

I got some prices first for a few dealers in my area.

Hunts Manchester £179
Colwyn Bay Honda £180
Smiths Honda Chester £195.

I'm taking it to Smiths for the simple reason that Chester is where I live so any savings for the other dealers would be negated in fuel costs.
Thanks Squirrelly, that's useful. Is yours a DCT?
Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
When I take mine in for 8k service (I prepaid for the 1st 4 services), I am asking them to swap the oil filter as well. Book says New oil but no filter until 16k....I feel like thats BS. New oil always gets a new filter.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mine had the 8k service done at NW Honda, Lancaster. If they'd not made such a hash of sorting out the wheel replacements I may have used them for the 16k.
I figure I'll get the valves checked by a pro but I'll do the simple stuff myself...oil and filter change. It appears that the pet gorilla they obviously employ to tighten nuts and bolts over at NW Honda was enjoying his work when he put on my air filter (I broke the Honda OEM filter removal socket trying to get it off) and the sump guard bolts too....

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I take mine in for 8k service (I prepaid for the 1st 4 services), I am asking them to swap the oil filter as well. Book says New oil but no filter until 16k....I feel like thats BS. New oil always gets a new filter.
I was surprised that a fiiter replacement isn't recommended at 8k. I was going to change mine but couldn't get it off, even with the proper tool - I was nervous about putting a longer breaker bar on and doing some damage. For the 16k I'll be giving the bike to Honda to do and they can take care of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts