Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
OEM Panniers
Footpegs
Tires w/knobbies
Seat Concept Seat
Tank Bag
Phone Mount
You want them or you've got them?
Don't buy the OEM tank bag - expensive, small, doesn't take a big phone, and has marked my fuel cap.
Phone mount - the X-mount from RAM (but you need the balls and stem of course). Mount it to the centre of the handlebars rather than anywhere near the screen, as it bounces around too much up there (even with Vlad's excellent screen brace).
Mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
Phone mount - the X-mount from RAM (but you need the balls and stem of course). Mount it to the centre of the handlebars rather than anywhere near the screen, as it bounces around too much up there (even with Vlad's excellent screen brace).
Mike
I just ordered the RAM X-grip with the tough claw (RAM-HOL-UN7-400U) because I don't use the mount very often and I like the idea of being able to remove it easily. Hopefully the "tough claw" holds it well enough for my limited use.

The model I ordered will only work on the handlebars. I thought about getting one to attach to the cross brace above the display but I've read about people breaking the weld by mounting things up there. And that piece looks like a pain to replace!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops, want them...

You want them or you've got them?
Don't buy the OEM tank bag - expensive, small, doesn't take a big phone, and has marked my fuel cap.
Mike
Want them. Cool, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts