Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a listing of all the versions of AT and what they mean? Is the version reflected in the VIN? I believe the A4 and D4 are the Adventure model, so mine is either the A or D, but I don't know what the AC and 2AC stand for, or what the A and D stand for in CRF1100A and CRF1100D. I think AC is America California?

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,242 Posts
A is manual, D is DCT
A2 and D2 is standard Adventure Sport
A4 and D4 is Electronic Suspension Adventure Sport

Here is the info at least from the rest of the world but North America will be the same I think.
Font Material property Parallel Pattern Number

The other letters are probably destination codes, again the rest of the world here.

Font Paper Parallel Document Number

·
Registered
15 Posts
No, it is a lowered version for Asian markets, wish it was an option in Europe for short arses like me :D
No Way?! I wish we had that too. I'm lucky if I'm 5'7" in shoes anymore. And anecdotally, last time I was in Asia (Singapore, Japan, Korean and China), I was only taller than the folks that were older than me. The 20 something young men on average were all much taller than me. My dreams of being tall were crushed, lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Seat height and ground clearance 40mm less on the low version.

View attachment 71302
Do you know if they are using a lowering link and just moving the fork tubes up the clamps a little? I could use another 25-30mm. I am already using the low seat. I'd like to be flat footed at a stop. Of course, I have some racks and bags coming. We'll see how much if any the sag increases.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,242 Posts
Do you know if they are using a lowering link and just moving the fork tubes up the clamps a little? I could use another 25-30mm. I am already using the low seat. I'd like to be flat footed at a stop. Of course, I have some racks and bags coming. We'll see how much if any the sag increases.
Different rear shock and front forks according to part numbers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts