Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A wonderful day for my motorcycle! he was very happy! :) :) :)
1. Heed crash bar, bunker version
2. SW-Motech top case system
3. SW-Motech side carrier
4.(ac) Some orange printed protections ;-)
5. Air Dam, Touratech Handlebar Riser and Steering Stem Anodised Aluminium Cover
6. (a) Folding Rear Brake Lever
7. Ultra Wide Foodpegs
8. (ab) Puig windshield and headlight protection

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,123 Posts
Looking good!

Reactions: DanG

·
Super Moderator
3,512 Posts
A wonderful day for my motorcycle! he was very happy! :) :) :)
1. Heed crash bar, bunker version
2. SW-Motech top case system
3. SW-Motech side carrier
4.(ac) Some orange printed protections ;-)
5. Air Dam, Touratech Handlebar Riser and Steering Stem Anodised Aluminium Cover
6. (a) Folding Rear Brake Lever
7. Ultra Wide Foodpegs
8. (ab) Puig windshield and headlight protection
How are you finding the windshield?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good call on the Heed Bunkers. I just went down on the freeway at 75mph and the bunkers saved my bike bigtime. Can't recommend those enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good call on the Heed Bunkers. I just went down on the freeway at 75mph and the bunkers saved my bike bigtime. Can't recommend those enough.
I also bought them following some recommendations.
I'm glad you and your motorcycle are ok.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, there were some scuffs on the bars. Particularly the lower portions. I sanded and repainted. I also had an aluminum pannier that was ground all the way through on the corner. I snapped the turn signal off and I think my handle bars are misaligned now. But, I rode my bike 250 miles home. No leaks or other body damage that I know of.
I have to get new riding gear now. Klim lattitude pants did great, but wore through the seat portion. My lattitude jacket was pretty tore up in the lower back portion where it was zipped to my pants. I was a little sore for a few days, but no injuries. My gear saved me from being transported for sure.

·
Super Moderator
3,512 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, there were some scuffs on the bars. Particularly the lower portions. I sanded and repainted. I also had an aluminum pannier that was ground all the way through on the corner. I snapped the turn signal off and I think my handle bars are misaligned now. But, I rode my bike 250 miles home. No leaks or other body damage that I know of.
I have to get new riding gear now. Klim lattitude pants did great, but wore through the seat portion. My lattitude jacket was pretty tore up in the lower back portion where it was zipped to my pants. I was a little sore for a few days, but no injuries. My gear saved me from being transported for sure.
Wow, good to read your spirit is intact++.

Sounds like quite the slide. So, like many Russian crash flicks, at the end of the slide did you end up on your two feet, looked back at the carnage and threw your arms up in the air? ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, good to read your spirit is intact++.

Sounds like quite the slide. So, like many Russian crash flicks, at the end of the slide did you end up on your two feet, looked back at the carnage and threw your arms up in the air? ;)
Haha, the funny thing is that I DID end up on my feet. I was so focused on getting out of traffic that I rolled to my side while sliding and jumped to my feet as soon as I could. I was standing on the shoulder of the road trying to figure out how it all happened and why I wasn't hurt. I wish someone had recorded it. I'm not like an American Ninja Warrior or anything, I was just able pop right up at the end of the slide.

·
Super Moderator
3,512 Posts
Haha, the funny thing is that I DID end up on my feet. I was so focused on getting out of traffic that I rolled to my side while sliding and jumped to my feet as soon as I could. I was standing on the shoulder of the road trying to figure out how it all happened and why I wasn't hurt. I wish someone had recorded it. I'm not like an American Ninja Warrior or anything, I was just able pop right up at the end of the slide.
That ... is ... awesome. You just needed a cam on the helmet. Of course the next question would have been: Would the cam been on during that instance? :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts