Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

A quickie for her.

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Cuchulainn 
#1 ·
Went for a short quick ride, to blow out sone carbon..:D found the speedo was 2mph faster (not that it was unexpected).

See less See more
#2 ·
Installed the Scenic app and ran it on this trip; gives a bit of useful info and I do like how it plots routes. Tried it for navigation It worked ok for that and listening to music...

#5 · (Edited)
Professional rider on a closed course. Do not attempt...

some of it is the speed and that that graph is shown in a condensed time format, So if it was stretched out it would be more of a wave instead of those sharp peaks. Same thing with the elevation too.

Not bad, but just 180 km/h huh?
View attachment 55420
Yea, not bad for a Vespa, a good back wind and going downhill..

Reactions: phydough
#6 ·
some of it is the speed and that that graph is shown in a condensed time format, So if it was stretched out it would be more of a wave instead of those sharp peaks.
So you're telling me "Pogo" isn't one of the rider modes? :)

I believe smartphones are not known for their accuracy with elevation either. I recall an article a number of years back comparing the iPhone 5 with some dedicated GPS units the accuracy wasn't great. I have no idea if that has improved over the years, or if the smartphones still lack a little when it comes to altitude accuracy.

I forget the reasons. Something to do with the sensors and the way smartphones measure altitude if I recall.

#7 ·
So you're telling me "Pogo" isn't one of the rider modes? :)

I believe smartphones are not known for their accuracy with elevation either. I recall an article a number of years back comparing the iPhone 5 with some dedicated GPS units the accuracy wasn't great. I have no idea if that has improved over the years, or if the smartphones still lack a little when it comes to altitude accuracy.

I forget the reasons. Something to do with the sensors and the way smartphones measure altitude if I recall.
Nope, no pogo, but it does have a bucking bronco mode, :D
Yea wouldn’t expect it to be dead on accurate, probably + or - at least 5’. then add on a slow ping rate (to save on battery usage) and the fact that total elevation change was about 30’ could easily lead to some pogoing effects too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.