Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I was quietly working on installing Vlad's brace.

Took out the round rubber boots to get better access. Stuffed paper towel into the holes to avoid dropping an M6 16mm bolt into the light unit. Then, somehow, dropped one straight down. I heard a metallic noise then a sort of muffled impact, but didn't see it land.

Cannot see the bolt on the dirt floor. Have a terrible feeling it might have bounced into the bash plate. Time to take it off? Should the bike be on sidestand or on the centre stand when removing?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks olmoggy1 and TequilaSqueel - just slightly worried that the undoing or torquing up the nuts could result in 250kg of bike coming down on my head. Maybe I'm being too cautious.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You might not need to remove the bash plate.
I've dropped a nut into the bash plate before. Managed to recover it by fishing it out with a magnetic pickup tool.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks olmoggy1 and TequilaSqueel - just slightly worried that the undoing or torquing up the nuts could result in 250kg of bike coming down on my head. Maybe I'm being too cautious.
The bash plate is connected to the frame with no load bearing of any parts. Undo the Allen heads on the front and side and the bash plate has a pivot where you can lower to the ground. Should take under two minutes, tops.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts