Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I decided on outback motortech crash bars

Im still not thrilled with the fork dive under hard decel and the lean factory fueling
And I'm also noticing a lot of hot air on my legs which I hadn't seen anyone mention before...

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

Im still not thrilled with the fork dive under hard decel and the lean factory fueling
And I'm also noticing a lot of hot air on my legs which I hadn't seen anyone mention before...
How hard is your deceleration? e.g. From what speed to zero, and in what distance. Your weight? Just trying to gain a perspective.

Lean factory fueling? What are the symptoms? Just trying to see if I experience the same.

Hot air? That could be the radiator fans kicking in, especially now that North America is generally in a heat wave now.

·
Registered
142 Posts

I bumped my front preload up 3.5 turns on my 19 AT. Stabbing the front brake will still get nose dive, but regular braking is less noticable.

Can't comment on the lean factory, mine runs fine, no exhaust popping.

As for engine heat, mines not anywhere close to my CBR.

·
Super Moderator
1,518 Posts
When my wife had her fork seals redone, they used a 15W oil rather than Honda's recommended 10W and added a little more than specified. That cured the nosedive issue that she was having when stabbing the front brake.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
When my wife had her fork seals redone, they used a 15W oil rather than Honda's recommended 10W and added a little more than specified. That cured the nosedive issue that she was having when stabbing the front brake.
Good to know!

61 - 67 of 67 Posts