Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my motorcycle in may it was a left over 2017 AT NON-DCT. It already has alittle over 2k on it, have been riding it everywhere i can. I't been a blast since I'm coming from a KLR650, everything about this big is better in my opinion. So the other day i left the disk brake lock and tried to take off. i was about 10ft away from the Stop sign, so i wasn;t trying to gun it or anything. Rolled like 2 feet and ofcourse couldn't go anywhere, So i dropped the bike to my right side, the bike turned off on it own (thought it was a hole in he street, but when i looked at the Street didn't see a whole there), picked it back up tried to start the MC without turning the key to the off position and it wouldn't start. turn off and back on and it started. switch into first gear and off i went again 1ft later same thing took put the bike down on it side this time i lost about 1/2 or 1in brake leaver before the brake engaged. since i use the brake lever position to the 2 out of the six. pickup the bike and while I'm parked brakes feel normal. as soon as i started to roll after removing the disk brake. the brake leaver looses engagement for about the 1/2 to 1in before i get any brake taking place and it pulsing like the ABS is active. Tried to remove the Fuse and right like this for about 100ft same thing. Put the fuse back in same thing. disconnected the battery left it like this for about and hr same thing. The only thing i can think of is the ABS pump as soon as it get active it makes tell the bike to engage the ABS. So now the ABS is always on. I have checked the ABS ring, the cable the sensor noting seems to be damaged cracked broken. Once ABS kicks in it just thinks it needs to intervene for every now.

So the question is if there anything i can do or it unfortunate for me i have to go to the dealer. Other thing how is this bike going down twice cause a ABS pump failer. I plan on taking this off road specially in Sand so i know i will be going to. has anyone had a similar situation?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts