Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's that bar that is attached to the bike and allows to attach GPS and other devices? Anybody knows what I'm talking about and where to find it?

·
Super Moderator
1,734 Posts
What's that bar that is attached to the bike and allows to attach GPS and other devices? Anybody knows what I'm talking about and where to find it?
Are you talking about the Camel Windscreen Brace?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you talking about the Camel Windscreen Brace?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,734 Posts
Thank you!
There is a guy by the name of Vlad that also has one, but I can't find the link.

The Camel ones I have installed a few times. On my 2016 AT, my wife's 2017 AT and my current 2019 ATAS.

Definitely worth it. Especially if you have a heavy GPS such as the Zumo 595. It was bouncing around way to much without the brace :)

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
There is a guy by the name of Vlad that also has one, but I can't find the link.

The Camel ones I have installed a few times. On my 2016 AT, my wife's 2017 AT and my current 2019 ATAS.

Definitely worth it. Especially if you have a heavy GPS such as the Zumo 595. It was bouncing around way to much without the brace :)
In addition @RideWyoming, I have found the Camel ADV Windscreen Brace helps stabilize tall, well ... , windscreens. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ordered the camel brace. I've got my GPS mounted center of handlebars and I like it there. I've been thinking of where/what to do with my phone.

It sits in my tank bag on my CBR and connects fine to my PTB. It also works great in my jacket pocket, but in the heat, I'm not always wearing it. It's sporadic in my cargo pants pocket which is annoying.

Not overly thrilled with the tank bag selection for the AT, I'm gonna see how this works to hold my phone.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
The is on the provided links page

'MOTORCYCLE NOT INCLUDED (Yup, apparently this footnote is required, we've had questions)'

Funny! And sad at the same time...
(sigh) No kidding.

Kinda feels somewhat like Craigslist posting:

You have an item to promote. It is free.

Interested party asks if you can deliver it across the metropolitan region (for free, of course).

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Ordered the camel brace. I've got my GPS mounted center of handlebars and I like it there. I've been thinking of where/what to do with my phone.

It sits in my tank bag on my CBR and connects fine to my PTB. It also works great in my jacket pocket, but in the heat, I'm not always wearing it. It's sporadic in my cargo pants pocket which is annoying.

Not overly thrilled with the tank bag selection for the AT, I'm gonna see how this works to hold my phone.
That seems to resonate with my current situation.

What I have done is I threw my phone under the seat or in a carrier box. I WiFi tethered an old, but still functionally useful water-resistant phone and plunked it into the RAM X-Grip. So far this works well, even better than expected. We'll see over the long term. At least my good phone camera mechanism isn't subjected to handlebar vibration.

·
Registered
217 Posts
LMAO @DoubleThumper

That EXACT scenario happened to me years ago. I'd posted a Sony 65" XBR big screen, free, you haul.

I had 20 people wanting me to deliver. One person contacted 5 times. I was adamant about not delivering, but also didn't want someone I didn't know at my place. I'd had it loaded in my truck and parked in garage for a week.

That kid that contacted me 5 times said he'd finally got gas money and a buddy to bring him. I instructed him he'd want a minimum of 3 people and a truck. Met him about 2 miles from my house. 5 ~20 year olds and a mini van. I was peeved. This TV was as tall as their minivan. I said when it hits the ground, I'm leaving, it's yours.

We unloaded it on to the blacktop, right next to the highway. I left and pulled into a drive to watch. After a few minutes they tied a rope around it, left the hatch open and two kids sat in the back and away they went pulling it down the highway (it had 8 casters under it).

Next day that kid called and asked if it worked. I'd posted the ad with a shot of the screen working my fine. I just lol'd

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
I got one and have my zumo attached to it.
a bit tight with my locking mount, but it works and I like the zumo there.

I took the pic with my phone and from that angle it looks deceiving, but from the saddle you can see the whole display/dash.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I got one and have my zumo attached to it.
a bit tight with my locking mount, but it works and I like the zumo there. View attachment 55993

I took the pic with my phone and from that angle it looks deceiving, but from the saddle you can see the whole display/dash.
Nice capture AT-D.

Is that an old parking lot or sumthin' to the left?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
LMAO @DoubleThumper

That EXACT scenario happened to me years ago. I'd posted a Sony 65" XBR big screen, free, you haul.

I had 20 people wanting me to deliver. One person contacted 5 times. I was adamant about not delivering, but also didn't want someone I didn't know at my place. I'd had it loaded in my truck and parked in garage for a week.

That kid that contacted me 5 times said he'd finally got gas money and a buddy to bring him. I instructed him he'd want a minimum of 3 people and a truck. Met him about 2 miles from my house. 5 ~20 year olds and a mini van. I was peeved. This TV was as tall as their minivan. I said when it hits the ground, I'm leaving, it's yours.

We unloaded it on to the blacktop, right next to the highway. I left and pulled into a drive to watch. After a few minutes they tied a rope around it, left the hatch open and two kids sat in the back and away they went pulling it down the highway (it had 8 casters under it).

Next day that kid called and asked if it worked. I'd posted the ad with a shot of the screen working my fine. I just lol'd
Brains were not being handed out that day. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Got my Camel brace today. They show inserting bolts from backside, has anyone inserted them towards the front, with nots on the backside? That seems like it'd be easier.

·
Super Moderator
1,734 Posts
I just used some 90 degree needle nose and just pushed those rubber grommets around the lights out of the way. It was pretty fast and easy with those

1 - 20 of 24 Posts