Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Can anyone tell me if it would be feasible/ok to add a triple splitter to the 12v switched supply behind the headlight cowl?
I want to add low voltage led lights, a 12v socket and a sat nav to this one connection.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes, you can. I have done it actually; I feed LED aux lights and tire pressure monitor. You just need to prepare your own tailor made harness. It is not hard at all.

However, keep in mind that the OEM 12V socket is rated 2Amps only max. In the ATAS it has its own dedicated connection, not through the accesories connector, so I cannot really tell what is the capacity of the accessories connector itself. But I am pretty sure that if you use it for a mobile phone charger or so, you shall have no problem at all. The LED lights and the GPS devices draw very low amps anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant.
Thanks for the swift reply.
I have a 12v socket and the sumimoto connectors already so will knock up a mini harness. No way in **** am i paying over £100 uk for a few plugs and some wire from Honda.
Cheers

·
Registered
419 Posts
I bought only the plugs from RuggedRoads.uk and did the harness myself. the cost of the plug is not bad at all. And you shall have an OEM like installation. :smile2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts