Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only ordered it last monday and it arrived this morning,

Excellent quality, I ordered the Sat Nav Brkt too, the nav bracket fits whether you have the Trip master or not,
All very easy to fit, and a brilliant design, all the parts needed are in the kit including one of the rubber nut serts, just incase you drop one in the fairing,

I've set the screen on 1inch higher than standard, and I'll give it its first trial tomorrow rain or shine, and report back,

http://bikersjoy.de/2016/05batzen-scheibenverstellung-crf10001-africa-twin/

I hope I've typed that out correctly, I know its in German language but its so simple to assemble, the pics are very good,

I'll do some pics when Ive road tested,

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought i'd put the fixing instruction link on but it doesn't seem to work

Perhaps Batzen will put the link on for me , sorry about that :crying:

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats the Uk price for one of these they look amazing quality
Rob
129 euro, and worth every penny ( that includes Sat Nav brkt)

Very well engineered from steel plate, and the Nav bracket is first class too,

I ventured out to North Wales yesterday morning really early ( before mr Plod was up) Gave it a good trial over 150 miles on various hight settings, very easy to adjust , I finally settled on around 40mm higher than standard that was just perfect at all speeds, very stable at 90, ( on a private road of course )

The sat nav bracket is drilled to suit either the Tom Tom or the Garmin and is fully adjustable even with the Trip Master in place,

ps, 79 Euro without the nav bracket,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Guys
Ill get one without doubt be interested to see any pics of it fitted with the tripmaster as ive got that fitted to the top bar and the sat nav (Garmin ) mounted to the handlebar clamps but dont really like it there !!

·
Registered
41 Posts
As the AT which I had for developing the screen adjuster had no Tripmaster, I can't guarantee the part with GPS bracket can be mounted combined with the Tripmaster. But as it looks like it's possible.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As the AT which I had for developing the screen adjuster had no Tripmaster, I can't guarantee the part with GPS bracket can be mounted combined with the Tripmaster. But as it looks like it's possible.
Yes it sure is, loads of room to manoeuvre it in whatever position suits you best, and still be able to see the Tripmaster screen

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A view from above showing my set up, easy to mount it higher and closer to the screen if needed

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Divenride, Thats the Tripmaster it was given out free to the first ( about ) 250 customers, they were numbered, mine was 222, I don't really use it but the next owner may like , if and when i sell it ,:grin2:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Got mine today. Took about 10 minutes to put on the bike. Absolutely a terrific idea. The quality of materials is excellent and assembly is a piece of cake.

Thanks for engineering such a terrific solution for a common problem, Wolfgang.

Attachments

Reactions: Anthony Madrid

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great :smile2:, hope you´re still satisfied after first ride and even works for you as expected:nerd:

·
Registered
2 Posts
must say, i just emailed wolfgang for a price shipped to australia.

he responded in 4 minutes, fantastic customer service.

will be ordering mine later this week.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts