Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive spent the day putting together my camping kit and getting ready For this years Adventure Bike festival.

Ive never been before, but hoping it should be good (hoping English weather is nice for a change)

Wondered if anyone else from this forum is going at all?
If you are and you spot my bike or me, do come say hi..always nice to meet a fellow forum dweller!

Hoping to have a few trail rides and a maybe a test ride or two over the course of the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Already packed?! Bit keen mate... Haha joking, it should be good fun. I just went out and bought a tent and a few other bits, weather on Friday there looking a bit wet but after that should be good :) see you there

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol not packed already....more of a test run to ensure I had everything and it was secure.
Not been camping on this bike yet, have to admit panniers make the whole thing painless compared to my old Fireblade lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
lol not packed already....more of a test run to ensure I had everything and it was secure.
Not been camping on this bike yet, have to admit panniers make the whole thing painless compared to my old Fireblade lol
Haha yah I just have the topbox, which I'll bring and then just leave it in the tent when there. Now that I've seen how much space the tent, air bed, sleeping bag, some clothes and the tool kit takes, I've been thinking panniers would be nice, or even just the racks to strap stuff to. Definitely couldn't go two up with the amount of stuff I'll have strapped on the rear seat. Didn't even get the folding chair out :p will have to sit on the grass haha

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nobody else from the Uk going?
Im surprised looks like they are making a real effort...watch this space
Loads of people if you look on the CRF1000 UK facebook group. I don't think many will come from overseas for this though.
Just hope it won't be a nightmare booking test rides and having to queue for everything

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm heading up Friday morning with a couple of mates.

Managed to fit everything into my Givi tail bag.

I must have forgotten something :surprise:

Scoop

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m packed and ready for an early start looks like the weather should be good now, just shy of 200 miles for me and looking forward to the ride👍🏼

·
Registered
338 Posts
Cheers! made them myself to protect and hide the aluminium panels.
Missed you at the ABR fest mate. I saw your bike parked up by your tent on the edge of the main field across from the marquee but you weren't around whenever I looked lol. Maybe next time

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Missed you at the ABR fest mate. I saw your bike parked up by your tent on the edge of the main field across from the marquee but you weren't around whenever I looked lol. Maybe next time
Its the thought that counts!

I didn't fancy the idea of approaching every AT (and there was a lot) "hello are you VaraderoTwin?" lol
good event and nice friendly atmosphere...although now I need a Left front indicator as I had a disagreement with the adventure trail, lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
Its the thought that counts!

I didn't fancy the idea of approaching every AT (and there was a lot) "hello are you VaraderoTwin?" lol
good event and nice friendly atmosphere...although now I need a Left front indicator as I had a disagreement with the adventure trail, lol
Yes it definitely was a great weekend. Luckily my bike survived intact even with the increasingly fast and furious trail runs. 25mph limit.... oops :p

Yes so many AT’s, I think probably the most common bike there, maybe more than the GS guys. Not sure it that’s good or bad haha but I’m keeping mine for ages so not worried about resale price lol.
What’s with the Zippysworld stickers on your bike? That’s how I recognised it was yours. I thought my red AT would stand out, there weren’t many there, especially with my light set up :) had loads of people asking for details of the hand guard lights

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes it definitely was a great weekend. Luckily my bike survived intact even with the increasingly fast and furious trail runs. 25mph limit.... oops :p

Yes so many AT’s, I think probably the most common bike there, maybe more than the GS guys. Not sure it that’s good or bad haha but I’m keeping mine for ages so not worried about resale price lol.
What’s with the Zippysworld stickers on your bike? That’s how I recognised it was yours. I thought my red AT would stand out, there weren’t many there, especially with my light set up :) had loads of people asking for details of the hand guard lights
Come give me a shove next time you see the bike mate, no problem at all. I didn't see yours but to be honest I didn't go looking.
Ive gotta get some crash bars on mine the way I ride lol.

The zippysworld thing (http://www.zippysworld.co.uk) is a website Ive had since 1997, its all about the Honda Fireblade as that was my passion till I got too old and clunky!
Due to overhaul the whole site into Africa Twin world real soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts