Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

just saying hi! I'm in the process of planning an Adventure ride in western CO, eastern Utah for 2019. 7-10 days. I've been eyeing the Africa Twin since I first heard about it. I've got 4 years on two wheels, but I've never owned a DS. Currently a one horse stable stocked with 97' NightHawk. Before my trip, I'm hoping to scrape together enough to purchase the DCT R/W/B version. Can't wait to explore what this great world has to offer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the site, It sounds like you have a pretty cool trip coming up. I am sure you will love your new AT when you get it. I have had nothing but fun with mine and many more fun trips planned. Keep us posted on your upcoming trips, sounds like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey All,

just saying hi! I'm in the process of planning an Adventure ride in western CO, eastern Utah for 2019. 7-10 days. I've been eyeing the Africa Twin since I first heard about it. I've got 4 years on two wheels, but I've never owned a DS. Currently a one horse stable stocked with 97' NightHawk. Before my trip, I'm hoping to scrape together enough to purchase the DCT R/W/B version. Can't wait to explore what this great world has to offer!

Yep! ever heard the saying "Horses for courses" well, once you get a proper DS bike like the AT, then one horse will do all courses, :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's my draw to the DS bikes. I love versatility and things that prove their worth. While everyone would love to have a garage full of bikes, sadly not possible for many of us. What do you guys think of an inexperienced off road rider using the AT to do some fire roads and jeep trails for the first time? Is it too much bike to start with? With things the traction control and ABS, I feel like the DCT would be a dream for those of learning? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's my draw to the DS bikes. I love versatility and things that prove their worth. While everyone would love to have a garage full of bikes, sadly not possible for many of us. What do you guys think of an inexperienced off road rider using the AT to do some fire roads and jeep trails for the first time? Is it too much bike to start with? With things the traction control and ABS, I feel like the DCT would be a dream for those of learning? What do you guys think?
The AT will be fine for fire roads. Not too sure about jeep trails; some can be very gnarly. For a new off road rider I would stick to the smoother fire roads until you get used to the bike. It is heavy and I wouldn't recommend getting into the rough stuff until you have some time under your belt. It is a very capable bike off road though. I have taken mine on some pretty rough trails on the stock tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts