Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've brimmed the tank a couple of times and got circa 250 miles when its reached 1 bar left on the fuel gauge.

I've then topped it back up with another 16/18 ish litres.

This, logically leaves somewhere between 4 and 6 litres sloshing about in there, as it has the larger tank.

So my question is, if I keep running past the last single bar left on the indicator...

What does the gauge then show? Reserve? And does it change the mileage left indicator to reflect the remaining 5/6 litres?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've only run my tank low one time and the last bar started to flash so I assume that is the low fuel or reserve indicator. I never noticed what it says in the manual about low fuel but its probably in there.
The mileage left to empty does continue to count down.
I did not make notes on how many liters it took to fill but I did go another good 20km at highway speed before i pulled int to fill up.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The ATAS is toted as 1 gal. as reserve, so I take it that when the fuel light comes on that’s considered “reserve’ and there’s approximately 1 gallon of fuel left... or 3.5 liter’s

·
Registered
770 Posts
I did read the manual... doesn't give any clarity to the question frustratingly.
LOL!! Figures, I just found it funny that that’s say 1 gal. (here in the US) reserve. Yet there’s
no petcock on the bike. If you run a AT till it starts to sputter you’re just DOA , no reaching down to flip on the reserve.
Then I guess I can say my H2 has a “reserve” because it has a (fuel) dummy light too

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've ran mine to fairly low, think I got about 23litres in on one fill with a range left indicating about 10miles (it was a while ago). Since then I've heard of others running dry before running down the range left so I tend to fill up a little earlier when its convenient,

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just ran my to flashing last bar and fuel light this morning, and it showed 51 mile range left. went about 7 miles to a gas station and still showed 46 mile range. It took 5,4 gal dead even calculating (not computer) 47.4 mpg for the gas burned, and the range **** close for the 1 gal+/- left in the tank. Have yet to run it dry, but I am pretty happy with the performance so far.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yea I guess the bottom line should be treat what ever range (DTE) number is best for you as “empty” I’m sure most of us in urban areas would be fine with 20-25 miles to empty as “bone dry” empty. And of course more rural areas a lot higher number. One things for sure I personally wouldn’t count on it being 100% accurate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts