Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plenty of this material and experience documented exists for CRF1000 but not much for the 1100 Adventure Sports.
Have been studying the process involved in installing the GPS on 2022 Adventure Sports ES and have home some thoughts to share if anybody has done, willing to point me in the correct direction.
Parts bought so far:
Touratech over the instrument panel bracket
Touratech locking mount
I have decided to use the 12V socket installed on the left-hand side as the potential to tap into the electrical.
I am looking for a premade wiring harness with correct connectors to connect Zumo XT on one end to the harness/ plug that will be shared with the 12V socket, so some splitter type. I prefer OEM look and if there is an OEM part number that somebody can point me, that would be great. Otherwise, any correct harness and connectors will do.
I do have the service manual and have studied some youtube vidoes on the left fairing removal, all other plastics removal, partial removal of the left turn signal to fish the wire up toward the mount. Slowly getting the procedure and my ducks in the row before I attempt the install.
Any advice, parts or videos/ read is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the video. I am going to assume that this install implies tank removal too. Will look through the manual how elaborate that option is. I like the fact that there is a dedicated connector for switched power. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 CRF 1100 ATAS DCT ES
77 Posts
Thanks for the video. I am going to assume that this install implies tank removal too. Will look through the manual how elaborate that option is. I like the fact that there is a dedicated connector for switched power. Thanks.
You don’t have to remove the tank completely. You have to lift it for a while and then you can route the cable easily

·
Registered
673 Posts
use the Accessoires connector under the driver seat on the left side , as you are euro based can help you to buy the right connector

Attachments

Reactions: atasic

·
Registered
192 Posts
Here is my setup on a 2021 ATAS ES DCT. I went with the Touratech locking mount for it's anti vibration properties. I also used the Touratech mounting bar but I think you can get by with a Ram mount. But that provides less security. I do believe the Ram can be locked by I'm not sure how secure that lock for the Ram is.

I liked the GPS mounted lower. On top it's always kinda in my line of sight. No issues checking the GPS while riding.

As mentioned the tank did not have to come off, just raised a tad to run the line to Fuse Block under seat.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gadget Electronic device Machine

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all, will do. I already bought the Touratech over the instruments mount and the locking cradle. Will install it mid Dec as I return home from work. Keep you posted. I am US based and will have to source the connector for the end of the Garmin cable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I went with the stock mount and a EBay mount lock for the zumo xt, so far its worked a charm here in los angeles. Still using the accessory plug to give power to the zumo, so subbing to this thread to learn the hard wire process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts