Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had the pleasure of test riding the new Adventure sports yesterday. Here,s my thoughts.
Its taller which is great for me as im 6'4 it was surprising how much more comfortable i found it over my 2017 AT.
It was a dct i test rode as they didnt have a manual in at present, but mine is a dct so no problems there.
The gearbox felt a wee bit smoother than mine and she was defiantly more lively i had it in sports2 as thats the standard mode i ride mine in.

Wind protection is also improved but it did have a taller screen fitted i changed my standard screen for a taller Givi one.
The overall feel of the bike was the same but different if that makes sense turns in the same but is more lively and being taller with a larger tank feels like a much bigger bike.
On the whole i was very impressed well as much as you can be on an hour test ride.
Did i order one ??? well no i didn't but as im very impressed with mine and only had it a few months i will wait a while but its deffo my next bike..

·
Registered
238 Posts
The extra height and weight will take a lot of people out of market.once u get to the Gs,Kim 1290 height,it’s only suited to people over 6 ft.will hv to test ride one.im 5/10.5 but I no b4 I test ride it will be to high.was going to buy the KTM 1290 but for height.Im so glad was to tall for me,love my 2017 Twin.far to much crap and techno on ktm and multi strata.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rockie, a good friend of mine has a 1290 ktm super adventure (think thats what its called) its an animal.
He doesn't use it that much as he also has a 950 multistrada which he says is more fun because he can play with it more. I have had a go on ktm and was on the back wheel in 1st to 5th its an out an out hooligan. Very fast bike.

He is also 6ft+ i think your right on the height of the new adventure sport if your not a lanky git it will be to tall.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Why not just fit the low seat, works for me, I also found the low seat more comfortable,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys, test rode the new ADV sports today. One huge concern I had was seat height, I'm only 5.9, bike I tried today was on low seat height, absolutely no problems whatsoever, though I am an owner of a Tenere 660 so kinda know how to cope.

Absolutely loved the bike, so much so I'm considering chopping in my triple black GS and my tenere for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So i had the pleasure of test riding the new Adventure sports yesterday. Here,s my thoughts.

Its taller which is great for me as im 6'4 it was surprising how much more comfortable i found it over my 2017 AT.

It was a dct i test rode as they didnt have a manual in at present, but mine is a dct so no problems there.

The gearbox felt a wee bit smoother than mine and she was defiantly more lively i had it in sports2 as thats the standard mode i ride mine in.

Wind protection is also improved but it did have a taller screen fitted i changed my standard screen for a taller Givi one.

The overall feel of the bike was the same but different if that makes sense turns in the same but is more lively and being taller with a larger tank feels like a much bigger bike.

On the whole i was very impressed well as much as you can be on an hour test ride.

Did i order one ??? well no i didn't but as im very impressed with mine and only had it a few months i will wait a while but its deffo my next bike..

I am dying to see one of these. Do we know a price here in the States?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
I’m 5/10.5 and I hv seat on lower setting on my 2017.i can flat foot perfectly.on higher setting 3/4 foot,so I wld think new sport wld be a bit to high.wonder if larger tank will make it top heavy when full like the gs adventurer.i had considered the 1290 ktm.glad I didn’t.love my Twin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts