Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought the bike I had Honda fit genuine accessory 12v outlet. Cheap here btw, about 40 quid, fitted. Heard it costs a fair bit in the EU.

Anyway, I noticed it is only 2amp. I presume this is limited to what it can power? I suppose it isn't suited to an air compressor?

Cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
The sticker that comes with the kit says 2A but the inline fuse hidden under the fairing that's part of the accessory wiring harness is 7.5A.

·
Registered
479 Posts
When I bought the bike I had Honda fit genuine accessory 12v outlet. Cheap here btw, about 40 quid, fitted. Heard it costs a fair bit in the EU.

Anyway, I noticed it is only 2amp. I presume this is limited to what it can power? I suppose it isn't suited to an air compressor?

Cheers
You could get an optimate 3 charger which comes with a fused lead you permanently attach to your battery and leave the end under the seat. There is an optional cable with a cigar socket (for when lighting cigars on the road) and you can attach that when you need a higher power outlet. See http://optimate.co.uk/cg060001.htm The cable is rated at 15A and the fuse on the charger cable is 15A so you should be sorted. Plus you get an optimate, which is useful over the winter months anyway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's really useful advice I never thought of using the optimate charge lead as a feed as well thanks. I've got the Oxford version the 900 does anyone know if they have similar accessories?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have both the 7.5 amp Honda 12 volt and the Eklipes handlebar mounted 15 amp 12 volt with USB. Also have Eklipes universal jumping kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts