Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Probably not, unless getting rid of cables matters to you. Or you just want a more modern bike. Or you want an Adventure Sport.

·
Registered
159 Posts
More likely to be the Euro 4 shite causing the drop (16/17s were Euro3 i believe) but the 18 dct is brilliant in comparison to my previous 16 manual

Easily solved by adding a 'smart IAT' sensor (or other fuel enrichment device)

One major bugbear on the earlier bikes was the tiny footrests, they have also been improved for bigger ones and the rear footrest hanger brackets which were redesigned (they used to bruise your calf muscles)

Ian
In what way is your 18dct brilliant compared to the 16? Maybe due to the dct...

·
Registered
159 Posts
And new anodising to sort the fork wear problem ;0) dct is the way to go :0p :0), but have you had a go on one, find a dealer that has a manual and dct and try both. The 18 dct’s have an auto blip function when changing down, which adds to the experience.
Sorry guys but is the issue with the fork so common?
Sometimes I have a feeling that some issues are exxagerated. 50k bikes were sold in 16-17. I have a feeling that most of them are running trouble free ever since. Those few who had the misfortune to face an issue obviously put it on the forum. Just like 5he flat tyres. True I had two in a year but to be honest in the last 10 years in our group of 9 guys we had three punctures.(before my two flats this year) Only one punture related to a tubed tyre the other two were tubless. Out of the 9 bikes 3 have tubes.
In the last ten years I had a Ducati. It was problem free. However the multistrada site was much more active with all sorts of issues. If you posted a question you had 8-10 replies in a day. On this forum teh activity iis not that intense and I think I suspect reason being what i said earlier.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It is very common to get an incorrect impression of reliability from reading forums. I've seen this on so many different vehicles from motorcycles to cars and trucks. The problems always get recognized immediately on forums and the 99.5% of the owners that have little or no issue are not emphasized so the impression is always of the problems not the reliability. It is good however to bring issues to light that may help others though. I have had many things happen where I can go onto a forum and do research and find out that someone else has dealt with the same issue and learned how to deal with the problem. That is of great value.

Dan

·
Registered
159 Posts
It is very common to get an incorrect impression of reliability from reading forums. I've seen this on so many different vehicles from motorcycles to cars and trucks. The problems always get recognized immediately on forums and the 99.5% of the owners that have little or no issue are not emphasized so the impression is always of the problems not the reliability. It is good however to bring issues to light that may help others though. I have had many things happen where I can go onto a forum and do research and find out that someone else has dealt with the same issue and learned how to deal with the problem. That is of great value.

Dan
Totally agree. This is one of the reasons I am here for. I never had a Honda bike and one of the many things attracted me to have this bike was reliability and quality.
So it was unnerving first to read all those comments inviting Honda to put their act together and so on. Then I started realising what you were also posting. Since then I don’t open this forum being nervous about yet another issue I have to be worried about as it will get to me.
So I am happy, very happy with this bike,

21 - 25 of 25 Posts