Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I had several hondas in my life. Actually for daily riding i always choose honda due to its reliability. Never had a problem in my life with a Honda bike doing sometimes more than 20k kms per year.

I bought the new africa twin since my wife also loves to ride with me all over the place.This new bike is awesome, plenty of power and good riding position still i'm facing some electronic issues with the new display/infotainement system.

The bike have day running lights and automatic low beam. Sometimes the setting for the automatic lighting goes off. So i have to activate the function often since for some reason that system turns off for itself. Is it happening with some of you as well?

The other issue is that sometimes when i turn on the bike, the screen seems to crash or hang or something, it stays with a strange layout and after a while it resets to the default settings. Since i'm Portuguese, the language changes to english and i have to go tosettings and set up everything up again. The other data do not reset, only the language.

Beside that the bike is being a pure joy to ride and have. It's not the fastest but it's awesome. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 2020 but have not had this issue, however it maybe worth just checking the battery terminals are tight as this is another thing Honda shops seem to neglect. Other than that it will be a job for the dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2020 but have not had this issue, however it maybe worth just checking the battery terminals are tight as this is another thing Honda shops seem to neglect. Other than that it will be a job for the dealer.
Do you have the automatic lights setting always on? Or do you use the bike with the lowbeams always turned on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run on low beams on all the time, the setting hasn't changed yet.
you've an option just to make them automatic. this means that on day light only the angel eyes will be on and as soon as you enter a tunel or a dark place/night the low beams will turn on automatically. The bug is with this function.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm aware of that, I don't even like the option in my car!

you've an option just to make them automatic. this means that on day light only the angel eyes will be on and as soon as you enter a tunel or a dark place/night the low beams will turn on automatically. The bug is with this function.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello,
I'm new to this forum. I had several hondas in my life. Actually for daily riding i always choose honda due to its reliability. Never had a problem in my life with a Honda bike doing sometimes more than 20k kms per year.

I bought the new africa twin since my wife also loves to ride with me all over the place.This new bike is awesome, plenty of power and good riding position still i'm facing some electronic issues with the new display/infotainement system.

The bike have day running lights and automatic low beam. Sometimes the setting for the automatic lighting goes off. So i have to activate the function often since for some reason that system turns off for itself. Is it happening with some of you as well?

The other issue is that sometimes when i turn on the bike, the screen seems to crash or hang or something, it stays with a strange layout and after a while it resets to the default settings. Since i'm Portuguese, the language changes to english and i have to go tosettings and set up everything up again. The other data do not reset, only the language.

Beside that the bike is being a pure joy to ride and have. It's not the fastest but it's awesome. Thank you in advance.
thanks for initiating this subject(y)
i have the same issue with auto low beam goes off sometimes when decide to ride again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for initiating this subject(y)
i have the same issue with auto low beam goes off sometimes when decide to ride again!
I'm glad to know that i'm not the only one. Being a software developer my self i call that a bug. So i hope that an update comes in the future to fix that and other minor things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[QUOTE = "Mano, Post: 328689, Mitglied: 40856"]
Hallo,
Ich bin neu in diesem Forum. Ich hatte mehrere Honda in meinem Leben. Eigentlich wähle ich für das tägliche Fahren aufgrund seiner Zuverlässigkeit immer Honda. Ich hatte noch nie in meinem Leben ein Problem mit einem Honda-Fahrrad, das manchmal mehr als 20.000 km pro Jahr zurücklegt.

Ich habe den neuen Africa Twin gekauft, da meine Frau es auch liebt, überall mit mir zu fahren. Dieses neue Fahrrad ist fantastisch, hat viel Power und eine gute Fahrposition. Trotzdem habe ich einige elektronische Probleme mit dem neuen Display- / Infotainement-System.

Das Fahrrad hat Tagfahrlicht und automatisches Abblendlicht. Manchmal geht die Einstellung für die automatische Beleuchtung aus. Daher muss ich die Funktion oft aktivieren, da sich das System aus irgendeinem Grund für sich selbst ausschaltet. Passiert es auch mit einigen von Ihnen?

Das andere Problem ist, dass manchmal, wenn ich das Fahrrad einschalte, der Bildschirm abstürzt oder hängt oder so, er mit einem seltsamen Layout bleibt und nach einer Weile auf die Standardeinstellungen zurückgesetzt wird. Da ich Portugiesisch bin, ändert sich die Sprache in Englisch und ich muss zu den Einstellungen gehen und alles neu einrichten. Die anderen Daten werden nicht zurückgesetzt, nur die Sprache.

Außerdem ist das Fahrrad eine reine Freude zu fahren und zu haben. Es ist nicht das schnellste, aber es ist großartig. Vielen Dank im Voraus.
[/ZITAT]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mein CRF1100 AT hat 3300km und hatte 2x Motorstopp wührend der Fahrt und hat 1x Absturz vom Display- / Infotainement-System mit Sprachrückstellung.
Mit dem automatischen Licht habe ich keine Problme. Habe es immer auf AUTOMATISCH.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,785 Posts
Mein CRF1100 AT hat 3300km und hatte 2x Motorstopp wührend der Fahrt und hat 1x Absturz vom Display- / Infotainement-System mit Sprachrückstellung.
Mit dem automatischen Licht habe ich keine Problme. Habe es immer auf AUTOMATISCH.
Translated by Google:

"My CRF1100 AT has 3300km and had 2x engine stop while driving and crashed 1x from the display / infotainement system with language reset.
I have no problems with the automatic light. Always have it in AUTOMATIC."

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
Translation per MS Translator:

Hello
I am new to this forum. I had several Hondas in my life. Actually, I always choose Honda for daily driving due to its reliability. I've never had a problem with a Honda bike in my life, which sometimes travels more than 20,000 km a year.

I bought the new Africa Twin because my wife also loves to drive with me everywhere. This new bike is fantastic, has a lot of power and a good riding position. Nevertheless, I have some electronic problems with the new display/infotainement system.

The bike has daytime running lights and automatic dipped-beam light. Sometimes the automatic lighting setting goes off. Therefore, I often have to activate the function, because for some reason the system turns itself off for itself. Does it also happen to some of you?

The other problem is that sometimes when I turn on the bike, the screen crashes or hangs or something, it stays with a strange layout and after a while is reset to the default settings. Since I am Portuguese, the language changes to English and I have to go to the settings and re-set everything up. The other data is not reset, only the language.

In addition, the bike is a pure pleasure to ride and have. It's not the fastest, but it's great. Thank you in advance.

[/ZITAT]
It sounds as though the issue with the infotainment system is a common one that can hopefully be remedied with a future firmware update from Honda? (Attempting to translate this/Der Versuch, dies zu übersetzen) Es klingt, als ob das Problem mit dem Infotainment-System ist ein gemeinsames, das hoffentlich mit einem zukünftigen Firmware-Update von Honda behoben werden kann?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another issue detected. My bike have already about 5k kms and it randomly stalls...it really happens randomly without any logical reason so i will make a list of all detected issues on my bike. Note that i ride it daily making it more than 100kms per day very often.

• Automatic lights randomly turn off
  • Infotainement system crash randomly reseting the language (only)
  • Random Engine Stall (It can be dangerous when you are turning at low speed)
  • Sometimes when you revit in neutral it backfires
  • Idle is often a little bit unstable
Note that these are minor issues even if we don't expect them from Honda due to its reliability fame. Before considering this as heavy defects please be aware that BMW GS's also have their issues (much more expensive), ducatis also have major electronic glitches as many other brands out there. I'm not trying to defend honda here but the reality is that i already had many and none got me hanged anywhere waiting for the toll truck to pick me up. They just run forever.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts