Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
So the DCT foot shift lever kit is optional. Now add another $300 to the $13,700 for your AT. Plus $1200 for the bags, $400 for the top case, $250 center stand, $300 for either wind screen, $300 for heated grips and now you are in BMW R1200GS territory (base price of $16,175). Not saying you get all that stuff with a base GS or that you will ever find a base GS at a North American BMW dealership -- just that Honda is pushing the $$ envelope even further than I first thought. Not being a dirt rider anymore, that Versys 1000 is looking good and the FJ-09 even better.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Base price of the GS in Switzerland is naked. Without bags, top case, extended front fender, radiator guard, crash bars, etc.

AT with bags etc will just arrive to a naked GS.

The most important for me is the off-road capability. GS is not so bad but if the AT could be better ...

·
Registered
71 Posts
It does seem like it adds up quite quickly. One of those things where you figure there must be alternatives that are giving you more value for the dollar. I suppose it depends on exactly the capabilities you are looking for or need.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Tried doing a quick search for accessories and nothing came up, even on the page Honda has up for the Africa Twin it doesn't have a link to the list, still some good information on that page.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bought AT last week WHY does top case come in SO MANY pieces . Got yesterday and latch did not get ordered can't use yet ! when you order top case, mount, box and latch SHOULD come together ???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tool kit is a joke or did mine get stolen ? Under seat a allen wrench , In pouch only a screw driver ! Side tool box was EMPTY ! I know Honda's are reliable but should come with basic maintenance tools .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts