Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone picked up their brand new AT and their front fairing is on the piss causing the dash to be on the piss?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Perhaps posting a photo will illustrate the issue you describe...

In short, it should be aligned correctly. Otherwise only visit back to the dealer to explain what's happening...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh sorry.

Aussie.

Not straight or aligned.

I will get a photo later tonight. It is not something you could put up with it looks like you are riding on a lean when you are riding it.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Have you had the accessory plug or anything fitted by the dealer that maybe entailed the fairing to be removed by the mechanics ?
Possibility is that they've cocked up putting it back on as there's no way it should leave the factory any other way than perfect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My manual AT's display is tweaked... the DCT I had before was exactly the same. Completely removed the front end bits on both bikes while doing wiring and didn't find anything that was causing the cluster to be offset. It should be straight but I've stopped worrying about it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My handlebars were really on the piss,way too far to the right,meaning right arm bent,left straight,ask them twice to sort it,ignored me[now iv'e bought it the dealer don't want to know] I loosened the forks in the yokes and twisted everything several times until it was ok as it really bugged me,shouldn't have to do these things on a brand new bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts