Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AFRICA TWIN PHOTO TAG GAME:

ANY AFRICA TWIN CAN PLAY!!
If your Africa Twin is in the shop or you just feel like riding another bike in your stable, you are more than welcome to participate with whatever motorcycle you've got. The only caveat is that it must be a bike you own in the photo. Africa Twin is of course preferred since that is the subject of the forum and the game and we all can't get enough of Africa Twins out in the wild in various settings :)

HOW TO "WIN" THE CHALLENGE ROUND:

Simple. The first person to get the "tag photo" gets to post the new target theme for the next round. To get the "Tag Photo" you must post a picture of your Africa Twin with the LAST requested "tag" in the chain. Once this is done you then "control" the game and must post a picture of your Africa Twin with a NEW target. The new tag must be generic enough and standard for anyone around the world to join in and play. Ex: Your Africa Twin in front of a body of water is OK. Your Africa Twin at Lake Powell is not. Not everyone has realistic access to Lake Powell :)

TIME LIMIT RULE

The tag needs to be completed, start to finish within 48 hours. "Completed" means, getting the tag for the old tag photo and posting the new challenge photo within 48hours of each other. If the time limit is not met, the challenge will revert back to the old challenge photo by default.

Additionally

1) After 3 days, the person who made the challenge can join the round and post their own picture in response to the challenge. That person can then pick another topic for a new challenge.

2) If a challenge is not met after 5 days a new topic is picked by the previous challenger winner.

3) If a pic is in dispute, it needs 3 yes votes from other players to be accepted.

NO STOCK PHOTOS for the OLD TAG. You MUST take the photo the day you tag the current challenge. However, you CAN use stock photo's for the NEW challenge tag. ALL challenge tags MUST include your bike in the photo.

CHALLENGE PHOTOS (principle of KISS)

The objective of the game is to keep things moving and get people out riding and snapping pics, not to try to stump them. Keep things simple in such a manner as to keep the game moving and flowing as quickly as possible.

Try not to use "specific" movable objects as they are tough to predict where they'll be at any given time, place or season. Again, think of a challenge that will keep the game moving, if they're tricky to duplicate the game will stall and participants will lose interest.

If someone has an issue with the difficulty of a tag please post here or PM me so I can make some adjustments.

There are none. Points can influence players to try to post challenging photos that not everyone can get or influence deciding votes on disputed photos. This game is for fun and "bragging rights" only. You can keep your own score, you know how you are doing :)

PLEASE NO PHOTOS UNRELATED TO THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY

There are plenty of other places to post random photos of your pride and joy, this is not one of them. Posts with photos that are not related to game play will be deleted without notice as will random chatter if it makes the challenge to hard to follow :)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
381 Posts
It may not be large, but it's agricultural, and there are two pieces. All the big stuff seemed to be hiding today due to the threat of a downpour that has never happened. Hay bales thrown in for free.

PS - @Cuchulainn do you have a link for last years' posts? I was trying to find it to go over it as I really enjoyed it, but my search-fu left me wanting.

·
Registered
671 Posts
It may not be large, but it's agricultural, and there are two pieces. All the big stuff seemed to be hiding today due to the threat of a downpour that has never happened. Hay bales thrown in for free.

PS - @Cuchulainn do you have a link for last years' posts? I was trying to find it to go over it as I really enjoyed it, but my search-fu left me wanting.
Sort of forgot about this challenge. Definitely didn't remember being the post where the dream died. Good to see you carrying on the torch Ommoran. Is that Richmond?

The torch is yours.

·
Administrator
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Full disclosure, I tried to merge the threads and it really screwed up the entire timeline, so I had to delete it and create a new post.

I don't know of any means to unmerge them and just link to it.

Perhaps @africatwinadmin does. But merged wasn't pretty :)

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Alrighty then. I wanted to see last years' posts as I wasn't sure if I had posted this challenge before. However...

Your bike with a lighthouse. Size and automation does not matter - just a lighthouse that ensures waterways - rivers, lakes or oceans - remain navigable.

For those interested, this is the Brockton Point Lighthouse in Stanley Park.

·
Administrator
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That lighthouse would work for me, but I am not sure that it meets the requirements since it doesn't appear to be operational? Or is it? it is up to @ommoran.

Also, a point for future challenges. Ommoran's challenge should have actually included his bike next to a lighthouse. Whilst you can use an old "stock photo" for the challenge if you control the game, you do have to include one. In short, if you don't have a photo of your bike next to a lighthouse, you can't use it as a challenge :)

Since we are just getting started, however, we will let that slide :)

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Scott?

Is that some sort of desert lighthouse? :unsure:
Hey DT,
Well, while it's not a REAL light house, it is a replica that lights up and, does provide for a warning that you're close to shore.
Scott
That lighthouse would work for me, but I am not sure that it meets the requirements since it doesn't appear to be operational? Or is it? it is up to @ommoran.

Also, a point for future challenges. Ommoran's challenge should have actually included his bike next to a lighthouse. Whilst you can use an old "stock photo" for the challenge if you control the game, you do have to include one. In short, if you don't have a photo of your bike next to a lighthouse, you can't use it as a challenge :)

Cuch,
No Sir, as stated to DT, it's not a real light house. It's one of 28 replicas that we have all around the perimeter of Lake Havasu here in AZ. Each replica represents a real light house that's on either the west or the east coast of the U.S. The ones on the west side of our lake, the California side, represent the West coast light houses. The ones on the Havasu side, represent the east coast light houses.

They are situated on higher points (obviously) that are at the shoreline. They do have quite bright LED lights in them that serve somewhat as warnings that you are close to shore, should you be out on the lake at dark time. Soooo, are they real, no not really. There is a Light house club that does regular maintenance on them and makes sure the LED lights are functional.
Scott

·
Administrator
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey DT,
Well, while it's not a REAL light house, it is a replica that lights up and, does provide for a warning that you're close to shore.
Scott

Cuch,
No Sir, as stated to DT, it's not a real light house. It's one of 28 replicas that we have all around the perimeter of Lake Havasu here in AZ. Each replica represents a real light house that's on either the west or the east coast of the U.S. The ones on the west side of our lake, the California side, represent the West coast light houses. The ones on the Havasu side, represent the east coast light houses.

They are situated on higher points (obviously) that are at the shoreline. They do have quite bright LED lights in them that serve somewhat as warnings that you are close to shore, should you be out on the lake at dark time. Soooo, are they real, no not really. There is a Light house club that does regular maintenance on them and makes sure the LED lights are functional.
Scott
So where do they put the Frisco Bay lighthouse on Lake Dillon in Frisco, CO? In the middle of Lake Havasu?

We actually have at least 2 lighthouses that I am aware of in Colorado. The Frisco Bay Lighthouse being the highest in the US at an elevation of 9, 017ft. It does provide navigational aid during boating season.

The other is in the foothills and completely landlocked. It's just one of those things that makes you go huh? :)

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
381 Posts

@Cuchulainn the photo is fixed. I think. I've fixed it more than once, actually. There seemed to be some weirdness with the smugmug link, but I've got it sorted, above.

And yes, that one counts - so @FIRE UP you have the conn. It's up to you to fire up the next challenge.

·
Administrator
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Cuchulainn the photo is fixed. I think. I've fixed it more than once, actually. There seemed to be some weirdness with the smugmug link, but I've got it sorted, above.
Is there supposed to be a photo in post #8? All I am seeing is the Wikipedia link to Brockton Point Lighthouse. I use Smugmug as well, and they have generally been pretty stable, but they are also constantly updating stuff. That can cause some glitches. I find copying the BBCODE link is the most reliable.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Me! I have the next challenge? Hmmmm. Ok, I'll come up with something.
Scott

Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Well,
I've not followed this thread from the beginning so, if the picture challenge I'm presenting at this time, has already been done, please excuse my ignorance. In that light, here 'tis. Your bike in front of, or next to or, in some way, photoed with an iconic bridge. My A/T happens to be pictured with the infamous London Bridge! Yep, the one and only, London Bridge. Most of you probably know the story on it but, long ago, BEFORE STAR WARS, the London Bridge was purchased by a very wealthy person and, it was disassembled and shipped over to the U.S. Namely, Lake Havasu. It's a pretty neat story and I'm linking a writeup to it if anyone cares to read it.

When we take the boat out and run down the channel, underneath the bridge, we look for and have found, strafing marks from German planes during WWII. Anyway, enough blabbing. The bridge is situated in such a manor that, it's pretty near impossible to get clear photo of it, with a vehicle/motorcycle due to the fact that there's plenty of obstructions almost 360 degrees around it.

You can take a very clear and precise picture of it, from the water in your boat. Kind-a tough to get the A/T to float good enough to stand (swim) back and get pic of it with the bridge in the background! So, I got a couple of the best angles I could, and as close as I could get to it with the bike. I can ride over the top of it but that would not present a good picture besides, I'd get runned over by the lookyloos and tourists!
Scott

How London Bridge Ended Up In Arizona - HISTORY

Attachments

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Is there supposed to be a photo in post #8? All I am seeing is the Wikipedia link to Brockton Point Lighthouse. I use Smugmug as well, and they have generally been pretty stable, but they are also constantly updating stuff. That can cause some glitches. I find copying the BBCODE link is the most reliable.
Funny, I was using the BB Code - the first time, and more recently when I "fixed" it. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like for me right now:

Cloud Tire Sky Land vehicle Wheel

You know. Because computers. Let me know if it still doesn't show on your end, @Cuchulainn, and I will get it fixed on mine (again).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts