Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Let me know if it still doesn't show on your end, @Cuchulainn, and I will get it fixed on mine (again).
I see your screenshot above and the photo for the agricultural challenge above. It seems that it is maybe just that one photo that is glitching. I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point unless you really want to try to fix it. I am not even sure what to suggest trying next. Maybe re-upload it to SmugMug?

·
Administrator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
OK. This took way too long to get. As a reminder: Please folks re-read the bit about KISS. Too difficult and the game stalls. The object isn't to "stump" folks, it is to keep the game moving. It took me a 6-hour round trip. For some folks, an "iconic bridge" may be much further than that. Keep it simple, keep it moving. Thanks! :)

Pictured below is Colorado's most iconic bridge, the Royal Gorge Bridge, Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The bridge was built in 1929. It is 1,260 feet long and stands 955 feet above the Arkansas River. At one time it was the world's highest suspension bridge but lost that title to China's Beipanjiang River Bridge in 2003. Constructed with sturdy steel and 1,292 wooden planks, the Royal Gorge Bridge is strong enough to withhold ample foot traffic, thanks to routine upkeep that keeps the structure in tip-top shape.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Plant community

Tire Cloud Wheel Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Helmet Automotive tire Motorcycle

In 2018, the Royal Gorge Bridge was trademarked “America’s Bridge” dedicated to the spirited band of American workers and the timeless enjoyment millions have experienced while standing on the deck of the bridge.

Cloud Sky Plant community Plant Mountain

Photo courtesy of royalgorgebridge.com

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Administrator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey Cuch,
Not to veer too far away from the actual theme of this particular thread, I see your waving Colorado bridge and raise you (Poker talk that I don't play) this one, the Narrows Bridge in Washington. Talk about waving and twisting. Looks like that bridge was made of rubber.
Scott

The Collapse of "Galloping Gertie" (The Tacoma Narrows Bridge) - Bing video
Yeah, that's definitely a much worse rock for sure. I think what freaks out some tourists with Royal Gorge Bridge is that it is pedestrian traffic, and it is really high up. As you walk it you can see the canyon below through the wood slats.

So when you are out there in the wind and it's swaying and bouncing and the wind is whipping, some folks lose their nerves a bit and I think get a little dizzy.

How about this bridge lol

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,627 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,627 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
381 Posts
Hey, @FIRE UP! No more posting complimentary stuff until you review the work of @Cuchulainn and confirm if he met your criteria! Then he can post the next challenge! :)

I was tempted to ride to get the Lion's Gate Bridge (or the Burrard Bridge, or the Second Narrows Bridge) in frame... but weather has been poor, weeks have been busy, and to be honest, I didn't want to "win" this one again when it's pretty easy in Vancouver.

Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Administrator
3,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
OK. Been long enough. I am advancing this on because of course the Royal Gorge Bridge meets the criteria of ....

"Your bike in front of, or next to or, in some way, photoed with an iconic bridge."

America's Most Beautiful and Iconic Bridges (theculturetrip.com)
Top 25 Most Famous Bridges in the US - Scenic States
Famous Bridges In The World: 20 Most Captivating Structures (traveltriangle.com)
24 world famous bridges | CNN Travel
The Most Iconic Bridges in the US - Infrastructurist

Since we lost the photo sets from last year, I am going to re-issue one of them for the new challenge.

Your Africa Twin photographed in front of a Rocket or Space Ship.

Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Now THOSE are some incredibly BEAUTIFUL shots! Man, would I sure like to be riding in conditions/places like that! Very, very nice. I surely appreciate those.
Scott

Reactions: SaltyBill
21 - 40 of 44 Posts