Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rally homologation version of the Africa Twin is to go on sale according to the Italian press.

The Italian motorcycle press are reporting that the Manual will be 21,490 and the DCT 22,640 euros.

For that you get:

Smartphone Engine Mapping
Termigoni Exhaust
New fork and shock valving and springs with an aluminium preload knob
Silicone hoses
Stainless Steel platform pegs
Steering Damper
Plexiglass Nav tower with LED lights and new instrumentation
Various Carbon protection parts

Let's see if it spreads to other markets or just stays for some Factory project in Europe!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm calling bullshit on that bike, its nowhere near road legal and is just a very nice one off. No mirrors, indicators, proper read mudguard, non cat pipe, etc etc. It's very nice but it's never going to be a production road bike.

·
Registered
72 Posts
cadoganpier,
May be specialty bike for Italy [custom build?], you can get a cat in a arrow exhaust, and you should get glass's or a new monitor because it has led headlights and led winkers, and the euro license plates are big enough two or three mud flaps on the rear. Not the bike for me but some one will reallllly like it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its alot of money compared to the standard version - apart from competion riders I can't see many going for it when you could probably convert a standard AT for less.

·
Registered
89 Posts
cadoganpier,
May be specialty bike for Italy [custom build?], you can get a cat in a arrow exhaust, and you should get glass's or a new monitor because it has led headlights and led winkers, and the euro license plates are big enough two or three mud flaps on the rear. Not the bike for me but some one will reallllly like it.
Hi Rusty1, maybe I do need new glasses but my eyes are good enough to see that bike is fitted with a Termi full system and I know they don't come with a cat ( I have a termi system on my AT). I also know that the rear tail tidy isn't low enough to comply with current regs as you need a rear reflector at a certain height ( the reason our bikes have that gopping great big rear mud guard/flap hanger thing) your indicators also have to now be at a certain height. You also need mirrors.
Regardless of that the thing does look amazing but it's not going to be a Honda production model which is shame.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Tell you what I am staying hopeful! If they do make a production version of this that is more legal, we could benefit! you can pick and choose parts to order and swap to our bikes like the suspension and programmable ECU via a phone app! those two additions alone sound unreal! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I will be the first to buy the left and right front fenders, easy fix to get to the air filters without taking off the front fender, dropping the crash bars and force ably trying to remove the buggers without breaking one of those cheap and ridiculous lugs off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The problem that you would have if you actually owned this beast would be that you would be really tempted to make sweet sweet love to it rather than riding it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
With more ralley races/off-road races for the people to enjoy without much government requirements, I think it's a cool concept. However, here in the USA, I think it'll only sell to those who 'can afford' or 'race' it for a sponsor. I REALLY don't see the NEED for it here in USA. We have the 'base' model available...I'm certain there are lots of companies/individuals who can "build" a better one here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts