Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Do you know where can I buy a matt black rear hugger for my 2017 CRF 1000 L ?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Paul,there a waste of time and moneyfor the type of bike.if u put one on forget about any type of off road.Also make sure aftermarket doesn't squeeze or rub up against brake or abs line.doesnt look great on.Also harder clean bike,trying to get yr hand up around.I bought one and returned.Just my experience and opinion and I am OCD about cleaning my bikes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rockie.
About Pyramid Plastics, I sent them an e-mail. They told me that that fender was withdrawn from production. Besides, they had it only in gloss and I wanted in matt.
But I guess you're right about offroading and cleaning the bike with the hugger. It'll be a lot more difficult.
Without it, the rear wheel is so accessible...

·
Registered
238 Posts
It was touching off the abs line and brake line and the worry was friction and damage over time.i cld hv cut a piece out to make it fit better but at the price it shd fit perfectly.When I saw it on I new it wld be impossible to keep bike clean and larger stones cld get caught or damage area if got wedged.So I sent it back.so easy clean as is and it more or less a huggar anyway.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the Pyramid Plastics fitted. I had it in the deal when I bought the bike and instantly regretted. It’s still on for now as use my bike exclusively on the road but come the spring it’s out of here.

No issues with rubbing or line fowling. I have a black matching and it’s a gloss finish and imho look bloody aweful.

I originally wanted it to protect the rear shock but after actually looking it pointless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts