Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I'm quite partial to the red, white, and blue AT. I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this one.

Let's see yours.

Here's my '17 from yesterday in cherokee nf. It was a deceivingly beautiful day. Fast twisties, warmish temps into the mid 50°s F, however a wintery scene was found on back side of these mountains. It was a day of mud, slush, snow, and ice. One particular section was so iced over, steep, off camber, I lost all traction, sliding towards the abyss... feet down, brakes on, backwards. I managed to get the kickstand down and got stopped. I pivot turned the bike and got out a different way.

Come on summer!

20200301_154939.jpg
20200301_143600.jpg
20200301_124748.jpg
20200301_124729.jpg
20200301_123554.jpg
20200301_154043.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,757 Posts
Love it..... You need to do some low light photography so we can see what your aux lighting setup does.

I'm thinking something like this.......
View attachment 53586
At night with them all on, it is essentially day time for at least 3/4 of a mile in front of my bike. Two dangers of using them are,
one. They make on coming reflective signs blindly bright.
Two. When I first go back to JUST my low beam, to me, it looks like I’m driving by candlelight. They totally ruin your night vision..

Reactions: Amphib

·
Super Moderator
1,757 Posts
AT-D: The AT certainly stands over the cruisers ... no kidding.
Lol, yea Every once and a while I’ll ask one of them what their bike is going to be when it grows up and too, not to be intimidated by my bike because it towers over them . All in all a great bunch of guys, who actually pointed out on that ride that they/we need to find at least one other member that I can “play in the dirt with”..

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol, yea Every once and a while I’ll ask one of them what their bike is going to be when it grows up and too, not to be intimidated by my bike because it towers over them . All in all a great bunch of guys, who actually pointed out on that ride that they/we need to find at least one other member that I can “play in the dirt with”..
My circle of friends who ride have an eclectic collection of bikes. Only one will get on dirt with me, he has a Klr and an r100gs. I do enjoy seeing all the variety and folks not hung up on stereotypes and other B.S. One of my favorite times of the year is the barber vintage festival. It's absolutely awesome to see so many different bikes and be around the folks that love them as well. You should get your crew to come down.

·
Super Moderator
1,757 Posts
My circle of friends who ride have an eclectic collection of bikes. Only one will get on dirt with me, he has a Klr and an r100gs. I do enjoy seeing all the variety and folks not hung up on stereotypes and other B.S. One of my favorite times of the year is the barber vintage festival. It's absolutely awesome to see so many different bikes and be around the folks that love them as well. You should get your crew to come down.

thanks
I’ll bring it up at our next meeting, tho it seems to me that someone had mentioned it before...

·
Super Moderator
1,757 Posts
1 - 20 of 143 Posts