Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

261 - 280 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
While not of my ATAS, I hope to use it like I've used my Transalp!
Dudley
View attachment 60313 View attachment 60315
Holy cow Dudley,
You gotta big screen TV in there somewhere? Kitchen sink, recliner, refrigerator??? Man, that's some serious packing. "Transcalp" huh? Never heard of it. But then again, there's a zillion bikes out there that I've most likely not heard of. Based on what I'm seeing, it really reminds me of both the long ago Honda Pacific Coast 800 and the early Dakar Honda. Of course your bike doesn't have the total body panels that the PC 800 has but, again, it just reminds me of one. Looks definitely like you could have some great adventures with that setup.
Scott

Reactions: Dudley and TN-Rider

·
Registered
1998 Valkyrie, 2017 Africa Twin, 2002 Vulcan, 2007 KLR, 1970 550 Suzuki L
73 Posts
While not of my ATAS, I hope to use it like I've used my Transalp!
Dudley
View attachment 60313 View attachment 60315
Mr Dudley
Some good packing. And it looks like your lawn chair is right on top for fast easy access.
20170222_220901.jpg

This is how I packed when heading to the mountains. I am still trying to figure out how to pack a couple months trip for the A.T.

Enjoy the Ride
Ruff Rider

·
Registered
15 Posts
Holy cow Dudley,
You gotta big screen TV in there somewhere? Kitchen sink, recliner, refrigerator??? Man, that's some serious packing. "Transcalp" huh? Never heard of it. But then again, there's a zillion bikes out there that I've most likely not heard of. Based on what I'm seeing, it really reminds me of both the long ago Honda Pacific Coast 800 and the early Dakar Honda. Of course your bike doesn't have the total body panels that the PC 800 has but, again, it just reminds me of one. Looks definitely like you could have some great adventures with that setup.
Scott
This was for a 3 week remote trip in Northern Canada. The Bike is a 1989 HONDA Transalp. Only sold in '89&'90 in the states. Predecessor to the new Africa Twins.
Dudley

·
Registered
2020 Honda Africa Twin crf1100 ES adventure sport.
20 Posts
This picture looks like it should have been in the movie :The Book of Eli
Scott

Hi Fire Up, I had never heard of that film so I have just looked it up and ye I suppose it has a resemblance to the style....

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hi Fire Up, I had never heard of that film so I have just looked it up and ye I suppose it has a resemblance to the style....
WileyA,
It's the back ground I'm referring to. In the opening scene(s) of that movie, it's a desolate, futuristic, apocalyptical scenario and, the back ground in your pic, lacks color and has resemblance of those opening scenes. It's a great pic (yours) for sure. I like the contrast.
Scott

Reactions: WileyA

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
124 Posts
took her out for a good run yesterday 174miles. What a great bike for touring on.
Nice tail bag. I'm in the market - which one is that?

261 - 280 of 294 Posts