Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

301 - 320 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Its crazy hey ..as far as the eye can see 360deg thats the outlook ...and that's cattle fattening country..I think they eat the rocks ..Australia is a big arse place with not many people ...Just the way I like it

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thank you, it's the CamelADV high fender kit with Polisport SM Line front fender with factory ATAS decals installed and trimmed to fit. I joke around that it's a $20 fender with $50 in Honda decals.
:lol2

The CamelADV high fender kit is nice with great fit on everything.

It was a bit of work fitting the fender for clearance due to the factory ATAS light bar + Hepco & Becker bowing brace so had to space the fender down and forward which required modifying the fender mounting holes and using two of the spacers included with the fender, trimmed and plastic welded together plus suitable hardware.The fender fitment, decal application + trimming took much longer than the rest of the CamelADV kit!

Maybe I should start selling my own complete high fender kits.
:hmmmmm
:D

Original install here:

What did you do to your Africa Twin today?

What did you do to your Africa Twin today?

·
Registered
708 Posts
At the top of the mountain overlooking Lake George in the valley below. There was a lesson learned as well, I stopped with a slight slope away from the kick stand and could not get the bike back upright again while on it.

View attachment 60838
Johan,
When it comes to parking an A/T-A/S, due to them being a bit on the Top side heavy situation, I learned a long time ago that, Park angle is the name of the game here with these bikes. They're top heavy, and they're TALL. So, parking angle must be taken into consideration.

That is, if a parking lot, park space, dirt parking, side of the road, trail, anywhere where the earth is not strictly LEVEL, you have to realize just what the reaction of the A/T is gonna do when the stand is down and the weight is taken off the seat and you dismount the bike, what's its reaction?

Using a stock kickstand of an A/T - A/S, the bike, even on flat, level ground, has tendency to lean quite a bit when you dismount the bike, and the suspension unloads. If, like some of us have done, you purchase an aftermarket kickstand, you can get the longer version and it holds the bike more upright. To me, that's quite a bit better piece of mind in parking, mounting and dismounting the bike, especially since I use the left foot peg to do all my mounting and dismounting. Just something to think about.
Scott

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
187 Posts
A quick tour after my recall was finished today... Brockton Lighthouse, Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC. Eff the "no parking" zones. :)

·
Registered
708 Posts
A quick tour after my recall was finished today... Brockton Lighthouse, Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC. Eff the "no parking" zones. :)

View attachment 60957
Just wondering. You state "after the recall was finished"... I'm assuming it was for the tank cleaning etc. since that's the only recall that I know of on the A/T. May I ask, how long, from the time you dropped it off, to the time you picked it up, did the recall take? I've not even called for an appointment so, I don't have any idea one how long it should take. I guess each dealer/service is different but, Honda probably only allows so much time on this.
Scott

·
Registered
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sport DCT
187 Posts
Apparently Honda Canada tells the dealer it is 6 hours. I dropped off at 10 and the bike was ready at 230 or so.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Roger that Sir, very much appreciated. Now I at least have an idea. We have to travel about an hour to the dealer where the work is going to be performed so, I'll have to figure out what to do. Thanks again.
Scott

Reactions: ommoran

·
Registered
708 Posts
South Bound Honda! Located on 96th in Tacoma/Lakewood.
Wow, Tacoma and Lakewood. We lived in that exact Lakewood area in an apartment complex. It had a vacant field across the street from the entrance to the complex. I had a brand new Honda 250XL in '76 and I would ride across that vacant field and, go through some trees and, down an embankment. I'd end up on a perimeter road that went around the Sound. Down the road from where I entered, was a log company that I'd park and watch them de-bark wood logs. That place stunk to high heaven due to them boiling or, doing whatever they did to that bark.

Then, I'd turn around and ride back to the spot where I could climb the embankment and back across the vacant lot and into our complex. I had a ton of fun in that area. Oh, by the way, at that time, I was a U.S. Air Force Fireman, stationed at McChord AFB Tacoma. Those were the days.
Scott

Reactions: InedibleRider

·
Registered
2019 Honda Africa Twin DCT
85 Posts
Wow, Tacoma and Lakewood. We lived in that exact Lakewood area in an apartment complex. It had a vacant field across the street from the entrance to the complex. I had a brand new Honda 250XL in '76 and I would ride across that vacant field and, go through some trees and, down an embankment. I'd end up on a perimeter road that went around the Sound. Down the road from where I entered, was a log company that I'd park and watch them de-bark wood logs. That place stunk to high heaven due to them boiling or, doing whatever they did to that bark.

Then, I'd turn around and ride back to the spot where I could climb the embankment and back across the vacant lot and into our complex. I had a ton of fun in that area. Oh, by the way, at that time, I was a U.S. Air Force Fireman, stationed at McChord AFT Tacoma. Those were the days.
Scott
Wow, talk about memory lane. I'm retired Air Force myself and was stationed at JBLM from 04-14 as an aircraft mechanic. I still live in the area!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wow, talk about memory lane. I'm retired Air Force myself and was stationed at JBLM from 04-14 as an aircraft mechanic. I still live in the area!
I live about 20 minutes south of JBLM. Until a few years ago we could ride our dirt bikes on ‘the res’ near Rainier and Yelm as long as soldiers weren’t nearby. Thank you for serving!

301 - 320 of 362 Posts