Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
381 - 392 of 392 Posts

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Well Jetblast,
From your Avatar, it shows you're from the Seattle area. Looks like some really nice riding in your area. I used to be stationed at McChord AFB in Tacoma and used to ride in lots of wooded areas similar to your pictures, a few decades ago. Maybe someday, I'll be back in your area to ride. Nice pics.
Scott

Reactions: Jetblast

·
Registered
2020 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
140 Posts
Well Jetblast,
From your Avatar, it shows you're from the Seattle area. Looks like some really nice riding in your area. I used to be stationed at McChord AFB in Tacoma and used to ride in lots of wooded areas similar to your pictures, a few decades ago. Maybe someday, I'll be back in your area to ride. Nice pics.
Scott
Thanks for the compliments Scott. I am retired Air Force out of McChord myself. I was granted early retirement back in 2014 and I left the service at 34 years old.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Wow,
34 yrs old, that's a bit early for retirement. But, I'm sure there's circumstances that dictated the scenario. I was an Air Force Fireman in McChord. It was a fun job. And, we at McChord, due to it being a MAC base (at least at that time), we had what was called a 60 hour work week. My shifts were, Mon, Wed, and Fri. Then off on Sat, Sun and Mon. Then, work on Tues and Thursday. Then off on Fri, Sat, and Sun. In other words, we ALWAYS had a three day weekend. Where as the Air Force firemen at SAC and TAC bases had 72 hour work weeks. They hated us.
Scott

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow,
34 yrs old, that's a bit early for retirement. But, I'm sure there's circumstances that dictated the scenario. I was an Air Force Fireman in McChord. It was a fun job. And, we at McChord, due to it being a MAC base (at least at that time), we had what was called a 60 hour work week. My shifts were, Mon, Wed, and Fri. Then off on Sat, Sun and Mon. Then, work on Tues and Thursday. Then off on Fri, Sat, and Sun. In other words, we ALWAYS had a three day weekend. Where as the Air Force firemen at SAC and TAC bases had 72 hour work weeks. They hated us.
Scott
I was an aircraft mechanic myself. I worked random shifts all the time to include holidays. For some reason, I was always working night shift around the holidays from 7pm to 7am. My holidays were sleeping prior to shift for many years. I wonder why I'm partially addicted to energy drinks now lol! :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, Obama signed an executive order back in 2014 that basically told the DoD to cut back on personnel because the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were over. The Air Force offered me $80K lump sum cash or early retirement at 34 years old (15 years of service by that point). I took the early retirement and ran out the door on terminal leave a couple months later. My disability rating is also maxed out. I'm still working to this day but I might punch out in my mid to late 40s.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was taking a photo of my AT and out of nowhere a 2003 KTM 450 EXC jumped in front and photobombed me! Oh and that KTM is now my singletrack bike :D

My KTM only had 1 single owner since 2002 which is crazy. He took good care of the bike and rode it a ton.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Around 6.30 AM last week on my ride from Houston to Hill Country.
1624982390881.png

Reactions: dallas
381 - 392 of 392 Posts