Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
521 - 540 of 574 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,943 Posts
Over here on the coast we get down to about -1 to -2 normally, occasionally it will get down to -10 or so. Big difference however it is normally a very damp cold rather than the dry cold you tend to have, or so I am told from what the sister in law. It was the same when I was on holiday in the East (Toronto area) a long time ago, temps were touching 40 degrees but to me it didn't feel that overly warm, here if we get 25 degrees we know about it :D

· Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
Over here on the coast we get down to about -1 to -2 normally, occasionally it will get down to -10 or so. Big difference however it is normally a very damp cold rather than the dry cold you tend to have, or so I am told from what the sister in law. It was the same when I was on holiday in the East (Toronto area) a long time ago, temps were touching 40 degrees but to me it didn't feel that overly warm, here if we get 25 degrees we know about it :D
I wish 40C in Toronto felt like 25C.

· Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
It did to me, in fact I would say it felt cooler than 25 degrees here. Granted I was on holiday and not having to work in it but it felt just like an electric fan heater blowing on me.
Yes, correct you are regarding exerting effort.

Hopefully the most you were exerting was shaking an empty pint glass. :)

· Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
I did have to push a car one time we went to the beach (one of the lakes) as we were running out of petrol and stuck in queues of traffic.
That sounds so 1960s Canadian summer at the beach.

Even as late as the mid-1980s one could take their Africa Twin (in my case an '81 Yamaha Seca 550) directly onto the beach sand and park it while the cars wait in line to get in. Cannot do that today.

521 - 540 of 574 Posts