Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
541 - 560 of 574 Posts

· Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Reactions: Dado

· Premium Member
718 Posts
and how those tyres perform on snow ?:unsure:
sorry wouldn't know since I am not ridding on snow, and especially not with stock A41's (street tires) :oops:,
for snow and mud you need;
  • TKC's or something with studs
  • a much lighter bike
  • a younger rider with bigger bls ;)
  • but your best bet is to get one of these
    Snow Land vehicle Vehicle Snowmobile Automotive tire

· Premium Member
718 Posts
Don't forget to refresh the image @Dado in February on those days when people are walkin' 'round in shorts and t-shirts in Edmonton (or wherever-Alberta).
Will do :) , who knows what the weather will do this winter?, I'm sure we'll get some of the usual deep freeze for a few weeks, but overall, there is a "warming trend" over the last 30yrs, with much milder fall/winters and warmer spring/summers.

One thing is for sure 10C / 50F in "Dry" Alberta feels much warmer then in, say Quebec, Ontario or Atlantic Provinces with higher air moisture. Yesterday was truly a short sleeves day at about 10C, Sun is very powerfull at our higher altitudes.

And a common phrase here in Alberta is: "if you don't like the current weather, wait for an hour or two, it may change drastically" i.e. -10C in the morning and by 1pm +15C all courtesy of our "Warm Chinook winds".
fun fact; in 2020 I did all of my last minute Xmas shopping on...Vstrom :cool:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

· Registered
74 Posts
My 2017 DCT rolls on and on.
Bought in Oct 2017, $1200 out the door, farkled during the winter and started riding March 2018. Now over 58K miles, trouble free. Original chain and sprockets replaced at 42K thanks to Scot Oiler. Uses no oil between services. Front shock seals replaced at 45K.
Main mods when new:
Factory low seat and center stand.
Lowered using Soupy's adjustable link and kickstand.
SW-Motec crash bars.
Scot Oiler.
McCruise (worth the $900).
Heated grips.
Tusk panniers.
Aux lights, Cyclops and Skeene dimmer.
TPMS and USB ports.
Garmin Montana GPS.

That added nearly $3000 but It all worked well for me and I have changed nothing since.

Shiny new in 2018
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Not so shiny 2022 after 58K mostly highway miles. Same location, Tule Lake dried up.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

Thinking of downsizing to a CRF 450 RL. No DCT or cruise but easier to maneuver and lift.

· Premium Member
1,165 Posts
My 2017 DCT rolls on and on.
Bought in Oct 2017, $1200 out the door, farkled during the winter and started riding March 2018. Now over 58K miles, trouble free. Original chain and sprockets replaced at 42K thanks to Scot Oiler. Uses no oil between services. Front shock seals replaced at 45K.
Main mods when new:
Factory low seat and center stand.
Lowered using Soupy's adjustable link and kickstand.
SW-Motec crash bars.
Scot Oiler.
McCruise (worth the $900).
Heated grips.
Tusk panniers.
Aux lights, Cyclops and Skeene dimmer.
TPMS and USB ports.
Garmin Montana GPS.

That added nearly $3000 but It all worked well for me and I have changed nothing since.

Shiny new in 2018
View attachment 76380

View attachment 76379

Not so shiny 2022 after 58K mostly highway miles. Same location, Tule Lake dried up.
View attachment 76381

View attachment 76383

Thinking of downsizing to a CRF 450 RL. No DCT or cruise but easier to maneuver and lift.
Wouldn't it have been REALLY nice if it truly was "$1200" out the door?:ROFLMAO:
Scott

· Premium Member
718 Posts
Just west of Gold City, Kentucky I see a field of corn. Most corn is harvested by now and they were harvesting and adjacent field. Gold City is simply a cross road and a mom & pop grocery store/deli. Typical fall colors.

View attachment 76407
Marc, that Kentucky picture looks a lot like African savanah ;)
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Cloud

541 - 560 of 574 Posts