Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm a new AT owner. My first good off-road day-long ride was yesterday. The AT DCT performed beautifully. I couldn't be happier. Mods so far are; SW-Motech crash bars, skid plate and handlebar risers, LED fog lights with RIGID lens covers, Honda center stand, Tusk side stand enlarger, gel grips with Barkbuster Storm knuckle/lever protection, ATLAS "cruise control", Tusk Pannier Rack, aftermarket pegs, CamelADV windshield brace, and new Touratech windshield being delivered tomorrow. And, of course, I had to remove the tank stickers.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did, thanks. Nice and heavy duty for sure.

New Puig Sport windscreen, 135mm shorter than stock ATAS windscreen and nice for airflow in warmer weather.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is seriously full-loaded AA. Actually, I just removed the tank stickers this past weekend myself.
Yep. The factory stickers on the tank had to go. For the most part I’m done for now. I do want to install headlight protection and possibly engine and upper fairing crash bars down the road. Definitely love these ATz.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any plans to test the gear offroad?

Myself, not for awhile, and my 90/10 road tires support that.
@DoubleThumper : Absolutely. I started with hitting some basic gravel roads out in the country. This past Sunday I upped the anti by doing over 300 miles two hours away from home with miles and miles of fire roads and county roads in and around Mark Twain National Forest here in Missouri. It was great riding and the bike performed very well. Aiming to hit CO this August with a group of guys. Meanwhile, I'll keep exploring and keep practicing every chance I get.

How about yourself? Plan to leave the pavement anytime soon?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
@DoubleThumper : Absolutely. I started with hitting some basic gravel roads out in the country. This past Sunday I upped the anti by doing over 300 miles two hours away from home with miles and miles of fire roads and county roads in and around Mark Twain National Forest here in Missouri. It was great riding and the bike performed very well. Aiming to hit CO this August with a group of guys. Meanwhile, I'll keep exploring and keep practicing every chance I get.

How about yourself? Plan to leave the pavement anytime soon?
Sounds really great AA.

Not within the next few years. I have 90/10 tires (A41s) and that is the plan. I live in a metropolis region and available time won't get me offroad for a little while. Dirt roads, sure, but that is not offroad.

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
White labels in my case reminding me to always wear a helmet for my own safety. There was another, less ominous, I think.
Yea, first thing I did when I got my bike home for the dealers removed those two annoying UGLY warning stickers off the gas tank... Something about wearing a helmet and..…… Not to fart while seated!?!?!?!?! I’m pretty sure mine had two one like the pict below and a second small one below it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Btw....I installed the Touratech tall windscreen yesterday and took it for a test ride. Previously, I took my visor off my helmet due to all the buffeting. My neck would get so sore from my head being jerked around. And I have an 18" neck. Lol. It was a very windy day yesterday, but I was blown away not by the wind but by how well the windscreen performed. I felt no buffeting of my helmet at all. And, I had already re-installed my visor plus had my GoPro mounted on top. I enjoyed it so much I can't wait to ride again today without all the crazy wind. Peace like a river on the trusty AT.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yea, first thing I did when I got my bike home for the dealers removed those two annoying UGLY warning stickers off the gas tank... Something about wearing a helmet and..…… Not to fart while seated!?!?!?!?! I’m pretty sure mine had two one like the pict below and a second small one below it.
View attachment 54672
LOL! Yes. Those. They gotta go.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts