Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well gang,
I've been an owner of an '18 AT/AS DCT now for just shy of 3 weeks. I'm diggin' this bike more and more each minute. At present, the only mods I've done is added a Dynamic Motorcycle rack and back rest. And, since I came from 35 + years of riding Honda Goldwings, I needed a place to carry even some small stuff. So, I added a Harbor Freight mid-size box to the rack, that's pretty much equal to a Pelican box. I wanted that box as close the back of the back rest as possible but, the design of the lid for the box wouldn't allow that.

So, I modified the mounting for the back rest by putting it on hinges which, allows for the box to be mounted right up against that back of the back rest due to the back rest, tilts forward. Anyway, I just read a couple of posts here about removing stickers on the tank. Well, I stopped reading, went out and took a look at my new bike and, yep, those do look hokey. So, OFF they came. Waaaaaaaaay better. I'd been riding it for almost three weeks and, it's amazing how you get used to something and really don't pay attention to it. But, when those are removed, WOW, it looks so much better and, the 30 year anniversary logo now pops better.

As far as heading off road, well, I've stated on other sections of this forum that, for my application, it'll be forest service roads and the like. I'm not interested in conquering all the ugly trails on the planet. Been there done that with the Jeeps the last 35 years. Anyway, all your bikes look GREAT in all the nice places you've all been. Someday, I might find a group to ride with. That would be fun.
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Beautiful images Scott. The bike looks very nice in the desert.

The side stand, however, looks a little flimsy.

(Just kidding! :p Fabulous snaps!)
Thank you for the nice comments. Yeah, that side stand, well, it's gotta go, hahahahaha. Sooner or later, it will be gone. I gotta line on a cure for its wobbles at the end of the month. We'll see how that goes.
Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well gang,
I've been an owner of an '18 AT/AS DCT now for just shy of 3 weeks. I'm diggin' this bike more and more each minute. At present, the only mods I've done is added a Dynamic Motorcycle rack and back rest. And, since I came from 35 + years of riding Honda Goldwings, I needed a place to carry even some small stuff. So, I added a Harbor Freight mid-size box to the rack, that's pretty much equal to a Pelican box. I wanted that box as close the back of the back rest as possible but, the design of the lid for the box wouldn't allow that.

So, I modified the mounting for the back rest by putting it on hinges which, allows for the box to be mounted right up against that back of the back rest due to the back rest, tilts forward. Anyway, I just read a couple of posts here about removing stickers on the tank. Well, I stopped reading, went out and took a look at my new bike and, yep, those do look hokey. So, OFF they came. Waaaaaaaaay better. I'd been riding it for almost three weeks and, it's amazing how you get used to something and really don't pay attention to it. But, when those are removed, WOW, it looks so much better and, the 30 year anniversary logo now pops better.

As far as heading off road, well, I've stated on other sections of this forum that, for my application, it'll be forest service roads and the like. I'm not interested in conquering all the ugly trails on the planet. Been there done that with the Jeeps the last 35 years. Anyway, all your bikes look GREAT in all the nice places you've all been. Someday, I might find a group to ride with. That would be fun.
Scott
Congrats on the new bike. Very cool. Funny about those stickers isn't it? Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiicccccceeee!
I applaud you Hillbilly! Looks just like mine. You don't say, and I can't tell by the angle of your photo, whether or not it's a manual or the DCT one. Either way, have fun and enjoy. I'm loving mine more and more each day. I've got a whopping 350 miles on mine.
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiicccccceeee!
I applaud you Hillbilly! Looks just like mine. You don't say, and I can't tell by the angle of your photo, whether or not it's a manual or the DCT one. Either way, have fun and enjoy. I'm loving mine more and more each day. I've got a whopping 350 miles on mine.
Scott
Scott, It's a manual:)
Sam

101 - 120 of 135 Posts