Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Africa twin red, white, and blue picture thread

138K views 769 replies 133 participants last post by  Lioulios 
#1 ·
Yes, I'm quite partial to the red, white, and blue AT. I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this one.

Let's see yours.

Here's my '17 from yesterday in cherokee nf. It was a deceivingly beautiful day. Fast twisties, warmish temps into the mid 50°s F, however a wintery scene was found on back side of these mountains. It was a day of mud, slush, snow, and ice. One particular section was so iced over, steep, off camber, I lost all traction, sliding towards the abyss... feet down, brakes on, backwards. I managed to get the kickstand down and got stopped. I pivot turned the bike and got out a different way.

Come on summer!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Enduro Motorcycling
Vehicle Sky Tree Motorcycle Mountain
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Enduro
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire
Tree Natural environment Off-roading Forest Vehicle

See less See more
#10 ·
Lol, yea Every once and a while I’ll ask one of them what their bike is going to be when it grows up and too, not to be intimidated by my bike because it towers over them . All in all a great bunch of guys, who actually pointed out on that ride that they/we need to find at least one other member that I can “play in the dirt with”..

Reactions: Amphib
#25 ·
seen these super $$$ models I only wish they would of done a ATAS, but I did seriously still think of getting one to build.

Reactions: GR8ESC
#31 ·
ROFL yea I’d hate t see the cost of it, if it was metal..
BTW I do have a small model of a AT but it’s the rally colors..

#36 ·
While out riding today, this wreck was at the entrance to an fs road. Couldn't have been there long. We've had quite a bit of rain and melted snow so it was quite muddy. About a mile down the road, I saw where it went off. Looks like they were some lucky guys as some trees 50' down the mountain stopped it from going all the way. It was full of empty beer cans and tires were bald.

Land vehicle Vehicle Off-roading Motor vehicle Off-road vehicle

#37 ·
While out riding today, this wreck was at the entrance to an fs road. Couldn't have been there long. We've had quite a bit of rain and melted snow so it was quite muddy. About a mile down the road, I saw where it went off. Looks like they were some lucky guys as some trees 50' down the mountain stopped it from going all the way. It was full of empty beer cans and tires were bald.

View attachment 53656
Bald tires, beer, and mud.... What could possibly go wrong.

Reactions: GR8ESC and Amphib
#41 ·
I'm sure the forest service ran the vin. Obviously the tag was pulled. After posting, I heard it crashed sometime before Christmas and must've only recently been pulled out. It's a seldom used poorly maintained stretch of road... there's better ways to get where it goes.

#53 · (Edited)
Finally got out on a shakedown run.
View attachment 53892
Nice, is see you went with the KTM short fender too. i’m working on a sticker kit for it here : My Fender Sticker
pics and final version to be posted soon along with artwork and where to get them made, if you are interested in adding a bit of color to it.. Also going to make a sticker kit for the fork guards and rear swing arm..

Reactions: GR8ESC