Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
View attachment 56246 Thank goodness it is a Honda and it just started and went.

An uncommon capture!
Yea she sees her fair share of rain and puddles. I ride her to work a LOT, about the only time I don’t in the warm months, is if it it’s raining when I have to leave for work. I just don’t feel like dealing with wet rain gear at work and on the way home I don’t
give a 💩 about getting wet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is see you have the Dunlop Trailmax Missions. What are your thoughts on them so far? I've used the Shinko 804/805's and like them, the Bridgstone AX41s and don't like them. Looking for something with a bit more mileage but still god off road grip.
Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far loving them, did really well in the rain took a bit of throttle to break them loose, especially considering they only have about 30 miles on them, haven’t had a chance to get them off tarmac YET! But so far they are definitely living up to expectations..
BTW I will add; even though they are no even scrubbed in that front tire is planted to the road...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yea she sees her fair share of rain and puddles. I ride her to work a LOT, about the only time I don’t in the warm months, is if it it’s raining when I have to leave for work. I just don’t feel like dealing with wet rain gear at work and on the way home I don’t
give a 💩 about getting wet.
... especially in the hot, sticky summer. Home-bound does make the rain gear decision easier.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is see you have the Dunlop Trailmax Missions. What are your thoughts on them so far? I've used the Shinko 804/805's and like them, the Bridgstone AX41s and don't like them. Looking for something with a bit more mileage but still god off road grip.
Thoughts?
I have them as well. I honestly love these tires. Awesome on dirt, gravel, rocks and tarmac. Have not tried mud yet and wet tarmac has been limited. But they are awesome. I ride a 2017 AT.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... especially in the hot, sticky summer. Home-bound does make the rain gear decision easier.
I have them as well. I honestly love these tires. Awesome on dirt, gravel, rocks and tarmac. Have not tried mud yet and wet tarmac has been limited. But they are awesome. I ride a 2017 AT.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Personally having ridden over the years in a LOT of mud, nothing will come close to a full knobby tire. I would not really expect any tire other than that to actually work to anywhere close to my expectations...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also have ridden a lot of mud over the years on my XR400, DRZ400 and such. Most of the ridding on the AT is forest roads and drier trails so I think these might be a good trade off for some of the longer trips I have planned.

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have ridden a lot of mud over the years on my XR400, DRZ400 and such. Most of the ridding on the AT is forest roads and drier trails so I think these might be a good trade off for some of the longer trips I have planned.
Agree
I’m not looking to run the AT around a MX track or do any mud bogging either, light single track every once and a while and mostly dirt/gravel roads and tarmac. So these or a 50/50 tire in general is my choice. And so far I’m really liking the “missions”..

Like I said before I don’t expect them to run through mud like a knobby nor would I expect to be able to drag a knee around a GP track either, with them.

Reactions: JJ Mendez

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was just about to ask about the seat also. Looking at Corbin (have theirs on 3 other bikes). Rode the stocker on a 10 day 4300 mile trip and my backside was not happy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts