Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My user restrictions won't allow me to post links or pics :( so you'll have to copy and paste the youtube link below for the video.

Did a overnight trip to test some gear and setups etc... Ended up pretty lost in some pretty technical trails.

Hoping for a Lengthy Colorado trip By the end of the summer.

youtube.com/watch?v=W059ZLYiCjE&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Great video, great trails and very nice riding through those rocky rivers! Hope you have some liquid steel in your toolkit!

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Lost? You ain’t lost till you haven’t had a cell signal in over an hour and the overhead trees are so thick your gps don’t work. I’ve taken my KLR650 to places like that. Where a good paper map and magnetic compass ( and the ability to actually use them to navigate ) are a must for your survival gear and finding your way back. The Delorme Atlas and Gazetteer maps are ESSENTIAL, in my opinion and they have them for most states https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/3047125302/delorme-atlas-and-gazetteer relying on electronics can lead to a bad outcome. But then I do solo trips in places I know my phone won’t work. LOL I can’t count the time I had to drive an hour or more to get to a town that ( hopefully ) Han cell service, so I could check in with my other half and let her know when I’d call again.
But looks like you had a fun trip and your buddy’s AT sure seems to like to take a lot of naps along the trail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts