Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m very curious if an after market exhaust, and say a k&n air filter wil help or harm my 2017 Africa Twin. What are your guys and gals experience with this area. I love the twin characteristics. Wondering if it’s worth the trouble to get a bit more performance.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I’m very curious if an after market exhaust, and say a k&n air filter wil help or harm my 2017 Africa Twin. What are your guys and gals experience with this area. I love the twin characteristics. Wondering if it’s worth the trouble to get a bit more performance.
Biggest benefit is sound & looks, weight saving is negligible & a small power gain for lots of money, air filter will do bugger all, just increase the maintenance required to keep them clean, saying that I love the sound of my Akro with a decat, check out these photos from Akro, 1st photo with a full race system, second with road legal with header, gives you an idea in real terms of what you can expect.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Biggest benefit is sound & looks, weight saving is negligible & a small power gain for lots of money, air filter will do bugger all, just increase the maintenance required to keep them clean, saying that I love the sound of my Akro with a decat, check out these photos from Akro, 1st photo with a full race system, second with road legal with header, gives you an idea in real terms of what you can expect.
Thank you so much! So did you have to remap your bike after the upgrade?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thank you so much! So did you have to remap your bike after the upgrade?
Remap not needed on the Australian models, still runs fine, smooth throttle response, no jerky throttle & no change in engine temps or colouring of the header pipes from running lean

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm also in Brisbane and looking for a replacement exhaust for my 2018 Twin, just wondered where you got yours done and how much if you don't mind me asking. Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the full titanium SC Project system..... sound is excellent but could tell that the mapping was off a bit.... installed the Rapid Bike auto mapping system and now it feels like I’m riding a 1200cc machine! Change the exhaust and you always always need to remap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts