Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with an Outbak Motortek Bash plate installed an aftermarket downpipe? I.e a decat stainless system.

I ask as I have seen a few other posts of folk having their aftermarket downpipes hit off their aftermarket bash plates.

TIA

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm curious about this as well. I think the Akrapovic ones probably fit okay, I think Backcountry Adventure Motorsports on YouTube has this set up on his. But I did reach out to Outback yesterday to see if they had heard of any major issues. I specifically mentioned I was looking at the Delkevic setup. If I get a reply I'll come back to this thread and let you know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm curious about this as well. I think the Akrapovic ones probably fit okay, I think Backcountry Adventure Motorsports on YouTube has this set up on his. But I did reach out to Outback yesterday to see if they had heard of any major issues. I specifically mentioned I was looking at the Delkevic setup. If I get a reply I'll come back to this thread and let you know.
Awesome bud, keep us up to date if and when they come back to you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nothing back from OM yet, but I sent an email to Delkevic and they said this:

"Thank you for your interest in our products. We have no information on other brands aftermarket parts. We guarantee our products work with the OEM equipment."

So basically nothing useful to us lol. I'll try reaching out to OM on social media, maybe I'll get a faster response.

·
Registered
10 Posts
"We’ve been told by customers that Akrapovic and Termignoni headers fit. Another customer also reported that Arrow fits but it must be an updated Arrow header because the one I bought in 2017 wouldn’t fit."

There's at least two brands confirmed to fit cleanly. Could be hit or miss with others I guess.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Nothing back from OM yet, but I sent an email to Delkevic and they said this:

"Thank you for your interest in our products. We have no information on other brands aftermarket parts. We guarantee our products work with the OEM equipment."

So basically nothing useful to us lol. I'll try reaching out to OM on social media, maybe I'll get a faster response.
I run the Delkevic pipes (decat) and there are no issues with the OM skidplate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts