Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the factory paniers and I know they aren't the best but I just like that there's no cage and I can lock them. I'm interested in getting an aftermarket slip on, probably Termognoni, and would like to know if it will fit. My gut tells me yes because the stock can is so massive that anything smaller should work no problem, but who knows. Figured I'd consult the hive.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a Remus Okami carbon fibre can that I bought, installed, and removed within a week. The can looks good, but none of them match up to that big ugly black plastic heat guard over the cat.

Further, my bike runs better with the stock can giving better low and midrange pulling power, which is where I like to run the engine. If it picks up any performance at all with the Remus, it would be up around redline where I never ride.

My 2017 is Euro 4 compliant which means it is on the ragged edge of being too lean, and a more free flowing exhaust is exactly the wrong thing to do unless you do something to address the fueling.

I like the sound of the stocker too, and if you are running panniers nobody can see your exhaust canister anyway. Weight? If I just skipped breakfast I'd make up for the weight difference.

Take that money and put it into suspension.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do hear ya but I'm just a sucker for a throatier sound. I also HATE chrome. I wonder if I could remove the stock casing on the can and coat it with some high temp black paint?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts