Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a low speed tip over with my twin a while ago and while my SW Motech crash bars, rear foot peg and Bark busters saved the painted parts, I just noticed that my left bar end (the end that took the impact) was higher than the right. I am looking on line at Renthal and Protaper, but none of them have the 240mm or 9.5" that I need from the bar end to the clamp of my Bark Buster.

Does anyone know of a bar that has more control area with the 1.25" center Diameter?

A stock replacement is $160.00+

thanks,.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If it's not buckled, and just out of line a bit.

• Take the bars off the bike.
  • Clamp the bars in a vice (but first wrap some cloth around the bars where you clamp them) and don't squeeze the vice jaws tight or you'll start to flatten the tubing.
  • Then bend the bars back.
I did that before on a previous bike. It rode just the same. After all, how do you think Honda get the bars in that shape in the first place? ;)

Alternatively take them into an engineering shop. They'll have pipe benders and will sort them out for you for far less than the cost of a new set of bars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts