Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please could someone recommend a short/low screen for the adventure sports! I am finding that in the rain I am struggling to see through the rain on my visor AND the screen. I have tried rainx but would feel better with a shorter screen. I don’t want to waste my money so I reach out to members to give me some good advice. A link to a product would be great. Thanks in advance, Marc

·
Registered
219 Posts
Why don't you cut yours down first? Save the money till you know for sure. Don.
I'd wanted a shorter screen and had thought of cutting my OEM one down, my problem would likely be, I'd make a bit of a mess, and end up with neither a standard screen nor a usable short screen...

To the OP, a guy on another forum has put a Powerbronze 350mm screen on his and likes it. He stated that there was no discernible difference up to about 55mph but above that he got clean air round his upper body and helmet, akin to riding a naked

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the ideas, I have seen the power bronze which is front runner at the mo. Not sure if the fixing points will be a problem. The standard screens for AT have 4 fixing points but the ATAS has 6.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've got an MRA screen on my standard AT, it uses 6 fixing points which are all there, very straightforward to fit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
try the standard screen from a 2017. It's shorter.
Or for even shorter try a Givi D1144BO short screen https://fortnine.ca/en/givi-windshield-black-d1144bo
I have just purchased a standard screen and will try that. I thinks the standard is 3 inches shorter than the AS one. I brought the low seat but have now found the screen height an issue in the rain (I can’t see!) hope the standard screen will fit and solve the issue. I wish they would do the bigger tank on the standard twin.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have just purchased a standard screen and will try that. I thinks the standard is 3 inches shorter than the AS one. I brought the low seat but have now found the screen height an issue in the rain (I can’t see!) hope the standard screen will fit and solve the issue. I wish they would do the bigger tank on the standard twin.
I find the stock screen on the 2017 with an MSA X-Creen Sport works for me. No helmet buffeting when riding with Schuberth E-1 with the peak off and minimal when riding with the peak on. https://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra...-blade-bolt-on-and-clamp-on-hardware-included

As for more fuel - look at Camel ADV https://camel-adv.com/collections/honda

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wish they would do the bigger tank on the standard twin.
Where are you going that you need yet more fuel range?
I have the standard AT and find that the fuel range is no problem.
In fact I think the larger fuel tank would start to inhibit the AT's nimblemess offroad.

Fill that large tank right up and you start to really change the balance of the bike in a bad direction

I have found that riding with half tank or less off road is optimal.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I initially bought the Vstream Sport. I thought it would make a difference but at 6'1", it didn't. So because of the cost of shipping, importing, etc...I couldnt return it, so I just cut it with a Dremel. now its a great windscreen for hot weather and offroading. I might even cut more of it off.

I also ordered the Touring Vstream, it's HUGE but again at 6'1" with my Seat Concepts Rally seat, I still get buffeting at the top of my helmet. The cut Vstream sport is noisy but absolutely no turbulance. With earplugs it's pretty comfortable. I also have a Batzen adjuster on the way, will try a few variants...

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a Harely, big fairing, BIG TALL windshield that I can hide my whole body behind and not get wet in a downpour at 60mph. You still get some of everything though. Encasing yourself in a plexiglass bubble is the only way to not feel mother nature.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Please could someone recommend a short/low screen for the adventure sports! I am finding that in the rain I am struggling to see through the rain on my visor AND the screen. I have tried rainx but would feel better with a shorter screen. I don’t want to waste my money so I reach out to members to give me some good advice. A link to a product would be great. Thanks in advance, Marc
Givi d1144bo uses 4 of the 6 fixing points on the Adventure sports.. and fills the gaps that the original screen leaves. matt black. No turbulence.. just a clean airflow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts