Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tri colour DCT arrives this Thursday, but the first of the add-ons came in post today...

Seemed appropriate to register rather than lurk anymore. Its been a 5-6 month process in deciding whether it was the bike for me, with lots of persuasion from lurking here - so thanks!

1st few trips already lined up...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Outskirts of Mancunia - so I guess I shoulda said NW Eng

I'll be up in your neck of woods over Summer, island hopping ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
CJC did you buy from Hunts? I just picked up my tricolor DCT on Saturday. Managed a couple of hundred miles on Sunday over Devils Bridge and Trough of Bowland. The DCT got a good workout threading between cyclists and I only reached for my clutch once. I have a Scotland trip on the calendar and I'm thinking of doing the Stella Alpina if I can get approval from the financial controller. Maybe see you around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CJC did you buy from Hunts? I just picked up my tricolor DCT on Saturday.
No, test rode a manual from them tho'... yours would be the one they wouldn't let me ride ;) I have history with them, same story this time - although the lad who returned my calls/dealt with me in the 125 shop was ace, main store appeared like they couldn't be arsed...

True story - We walked in there once with £7500 in an envelope, looking for 2 specific bikes that they had, not so much as a "good morning, can I help?". We managed to get attention of store 'owner', who appeared as uninterested as he could possibly be, tried to explain we wanted a baby Vara and to trade in my TA against a newer. "Come back to us when you know what you want..." Never did... But I have acquaintances who have great experience with them.

Took a couple of DCTs out from 2 other places next day, 1st dealer was great, we'd bought from him last year - 2nd was usual 'want a coffee? (You're a mug!)' type, tried to add every possible add-on to deal. I told him after run I intended to buy, he had one shot to convince me where from...

I rang 1st dealer at 1705hrs and had closed deal by 1745hrs, no messing... I'll happily name them once I've collected :D

Maybe see you around!
Lets hope so...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Outskirts of Mancunia - so I guess I shoulda said NW Eng

I'll be up in your neck of woods over Summer, island hopping ;)
Hi CJC,
Oh thought I had a kindred spirit in the area, no matter. If you've done the Hebrides before you'll know the best CALMAC ticket to buy and that accommodation by this time in the year is all booked or very tight. However if you are camping no problems. If coming in May onwards remember the SMIDGE. You can pm me if you need any tips. Enjoy. :smile2:

M

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi cjc, good choice of bike, WillieGunn lives in a beautiful place when it ain't rainin' and the midges are hibernating , if you want dry weather and no midges come up to the north east of Scotland - too windy for both. We have the odd decent distillery around here as well ! ;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi cjc, good choice of bike, WillieGunn lives in a beautiful place when it ain't rainin' and the midges are hibernating , if you want dry weather and no midges come up to the north east of Scotland - too windy for both. We have the odd decent distillery around here as well ! ;-)
Thanks Clive, I don't mind the East side, but rarely venture further than Aviemore/Inverness (other hobbies).

I met a fella at the UGP last year from Orkney, quite fancy that trip too so may include it in my island hop.

And for my sins - I don't do Whiskey...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts