Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been stressing about safety recently and have slowly been upgrading armour etc etc. Final piece of the jigsaW. Ordered a safety vest. I’m hoping it’s never required, but also hoping it provides me with some comfort/ confidence.
just wondered if/what people think about them. The one I’ve ordered is a two point or something. They do equestrian versions as well. 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
1,946 Posts
Can’t see how having more protection could hurt, any thing to give you that extra little edge...

·
Super Moderator
1,730 Posts
I know a few people who have the Hit-Air Vest. One guy swears it saved him at least a couple of cracked ribs in one off.

I demo'ed one. They are a bit shocking when they inflate. :)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I know a few people who have the Hit-Air Vest. One guy swears it saved him at least a couple of cracked ribs in one off.

I demo'ed one. They are a bit shocking when they inflate. :)
What is the sensation like? Like somebody severed you at the torso level?

·
Super Moderator
1,730 Posts
More like an anaconda coiled itself around you in a split second. At least I didn't scream like the woman that went before me

I believe it was the Helite that I demo'ed, but similar concept. The inflate in about 80ms (claimed) and are suddenly rock hard before slowly deflating.

·
Registered
156 Posts
A member of our club had an off and the device did not deploy. The lanyard D ring failed and did not trigger the mechansim. Don't ask me what make it was, suffice to say there is a legal case against the selling dealer now on the go.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a helite had it for over a year now, initially it feels quite heavy to put on but u dont notice once riding obv u can remove the back protection from the jacket as you have a built in protector in the airbag jacket as well as the air deployed shell . Havent had to try it out so to speak !!! one thing to note it does block air flow through your jacket so in summer days ur previous open air vents will not perform as well

·
Super Moderator
1,730 Posts
A member of our club had an off and the device did not deploy. The lanyard D ring failed and did not trigger the mechansim. Don't ask me what make it was, suffice to say there is a legal case against the selling dealer now on the go.
Yikes! And here my worry was that it would be too easy to trigger. I always figured that I would be the who inflates himself at a fuel stop somehow. The more crowded the station and the more likely someone will witness it ...

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I have a helite had it for over a year now, initially it feels quite heavy to put on but u dont notice once riding obv u can remove the back protection from the jacket as you have a built in protector in the airbag jacket as well as the air deployed shell . Havent had to try it out so to speak !!! one thing to note it does block air flow through your jacket so in summer days ur previous open air vents will not perform as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts