Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 1000 and 1100 air filters are the same? looking at swapping to the Twin Air when I pull the stock filters, but can't find any aftermarket specifically for the 2020s.

·
Super Moderator
2,140 Posts
2020 AIR FILTER : 17210-MKS-E00
2019 AIR FILTER ; 17210-MJP-G50

I’d say they are close but not close enough to work...
I will add OEM is (at least in pre 2020 models) a safer bet, because of service life. Honda designed them to last and work a set period, yea some aftermarkets may clean a bit better but that also means they need to be cleaned or replaced more often too. And personally I’m not falling for the better air flow crap, better air flow is just saying less filtration for the most part. But this is just my opinion....And we know just how “easy” Honda designed these to be replaced.....

·
Registered
885 Posts
I've used HiFloFiltro filters on my 2016. The company's website only lists 2016-2019 models, so far.

·
Registered
66 Posts
2020 AIR FILTER : 17210-MKS-E00
2019 AIR FILTER ; 17210-MJP-G50

I’d say they are close but not close enough to work...
I will add OEM is (at least in pre 2020 models) a safer bet, because of service life. Honda designed them to last and work a set period, yea some aftermarkets may clean a bit better but that also means they need to be cleaned or replaced more often too. And personally I’m not falling for the better air flow crap, better air flow is just saying less filtration for the most part. But this is just my opinion....And we know just how “easy” Honda designed these to be replaced.....
The only reason I would change is for better filtration not ‘air flow’. I’m getting great fuel mileage and the bike has plenty of power for me. Besides running too low on oil, dirty air may be the fastest way to a tired engine.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
InedibleRider - what was your conclusion, outcome? I just pulled my OEMs and I have traces of fesh-fesh inside my CRF1100 airbox - fyi ; looks like it filtered thru the rim-foam-4mm seals at the back of the original 17210-MKS-E00.... as they were not greased by the factory. dry foam on the rims seals. I might use OEM again but would definately apply grease to the seals at the back of the filter rims

1 - 6 of 6 Posts