Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if anyone has re routed the little oil pipe that needs emptying a lot? as it is a bit short annoying and messy to empty in its current location, all suggestions welcome.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,006 Posts
I did like the fact that on my old bike that thingy pipe was clear so it was easy to see when it needed emptying...

Reactions: ORVdaveVA

·
Registered
415 Posts
Was just wondering if anyone has re routed the little oil pipe that needs emptying a lot? as it is a bit short annoying and messy to empty in its current location, all suggestions welcome.
Yes you can move it some so that it comes out up by the battery box and it gives you better access (I am assuming we are talking about the centre one from the airbox). You might have to raise the tank to do that, I did it when I had the tank off to do the valve check. Its locked in place where it goes through the coil tray (and then clipped to the airbox) but you can re-route it to get extra length to make it easy to empty.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you can move it some so that it comes out up by the battery box and it gives you better access (I am assuming we are talking about the centre one from the airbox). You might have to raise the tank to do that, I did it when I had the tank off to do the valve check. Its locked in place where it goes through the coil tray (and then clipped to the airbox) but you can re-route it to get extra length to make it easy to empty.
Would be ingenious to use as some sort of chain oiler, on my rd07 it falls really low near the fuel overflow ,really easy to empty.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I’ve been riding motorcycles for a long time, & one of the scariest things that can happen is have the THINGY happen , WOW you don’t want the thingy happen to your motorcycle.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just made it longer with a connector , 2 small clamps, and extra tube.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
Would be ingenious to use as some sort of chain oiler, on my rd07 it falls really low near the fuel overflow ,really easy to empty.
Except that its into your air box past the filters, so you don't want the end open otherwise you will be sucking unfiltered air into your engine. You can always put a longer tube on their but by re-routing it you get enough length to make it very easy to drain.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It was in front of the battery box, could access it from left side . Pink tube right ? I thought he bike has 3 pink drainage tubes. One on each side by the radiators and one in front of the battery box.....

·
Registered
173 Posts
....unless the previous owner moved it there. I have access to it right in front of the battery box.

·
Registered
415 Posts
It was in front of the battery box, could access it from left side . Pink tube right ? I thought he bike has 3 pink drainage tubes. One on each side by the radiators and one in front of the battery box.....

Yep that's the one, there are 3 of them one on each side by the radiators and one just in front of the battery box, on my bike that's the only one that gets any oil in it. That's the one I have changed how it comes down past the frame it gives it more length so its easy to see how much oil is in it and easy to empty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts